SAIC is seeking a System Administrator who will be responsible for providing a combination of desktop and server support for our client at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
- The candidate will be part of a team responsible for supporting approximately 30 Windows Server 2019 hosted on site along with supporting AWS “cloud” based assets including Linux OS.
- Server support includes applying updates, applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), performing configuration changes and routine backups.
- Supported applications include Microsoft SQL Server, Azure DevOps, Microsoft IIS, as well as various code analysis and test tools
- The candidate will configure the servers according to user requirements and documented best practices.
- The servers will be monitored on a regular basis to ensure the systems are compliant with DoD and Army policies and regulations.
- This includes reviewing audit logs and checking for intrusion attempts.
- Support the creation and maintenance of Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud cloud based DevSecOps processes, tools, and AWS Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) resources.
- The candidate will be responsible for responding to requests for desktop support originating from helpdesk tickets, phone calls, and emails.
- Support includes all aspects of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, and printers.
- Candidate will be responsible for responding to various taskers related to securing desktop hardware.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Master and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years related experience.
- Candidate must either meet or be able to obtain all of the requirements for obtaining administrative privileges on supported systems, including: CompTIA Security+ certification as well as a DoD accepted Computing Environment certification (EX: AWS, CompTia Server+, Linux, Windows) in a related area within 60 days from start date.
- Technical knowledge of Linux and Windows computing environments, protocols, networks, encryption, and secure designs is strongly desired.
- Have broad understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their services across the program.
- Have a basic understanding of the concepts of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline leveraging IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code) and containers.
- Assist other System Administrators with various application and system support issues as needed.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.