SAIC is seeking a Price Solution Strategist to join SAIC’s Naval Business Unit (NBU). As the Price Solution Strategist, you will lead the holistic integration of cost and technical strategies for proposals and lead early-engagement shaping strategies needed for growth. As technical solutions evolve to integrate emerging technologies and deliver innovative solutions, an innovative and transformative approach to best value is what differentiates SAIC from the competition. You will collaborate with Capture Managers, Solution Architects, Estimating staff, and Pricing/PTW Analysts as a subject matter expert to define business and financial solutions that meet our customers current and future needs and priorities, help to shape customer acquisitions, and position SAIC to win.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve in a catalyst role representing the Naval BU to engage across proposal stakeholders in pursuit of successful deal strategies.
- Lead shaping of procurement and win strategies, developing effective and compelling briefings, proposal materials, reusable artifacts, financial models, and other related materials.
- Engage with Account Leadership to develop customer/contract intimacy.
- Lead integration of technical, cost and price strategies in support of RFI responses and Whitepaper submissions.
- Assess RFP technical and price evaluation models and contractual structures in conjunction with stated client objectives and competitive position. Work collaboratively with Capture Team, Estimating staff, Pricing, PTW, and Business Unit leadership to reach the business case that maximizes Pwin and considers execution risk and financial objectives.
- Collaborate on business case and risk analyses on bid and execution models for large and complex bids, to include managed services and platform/integration solutions.
- Shape technical and cost solutions by identifying and analyzing cost levers, risks and opportunities, performing cost/value trade-offs, and evaluating solution alternatives from a cost/price perspective. Drive cost/price strategy and ensure integrated technical and business solutions and contract terms.
- Build consensus in a multi-team environment and be transparent about pricing strategy approach.
- Document bid/execution strategies and facilitate in transition to execution team post-award.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent and eighteen (18) years or more of professional experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience.
- 12+ years of combined work experience in Federal Government Contracting.
- 5+ years cost estimating experience and associated competitor/industry knowledge and experience in developing competitive pricing strategies would be a decided plus.
- Experience with the preparation of high value (>$100M) cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
- Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (FAR/DFARS Requirements including Part 12, BOE development, Cost Accounting Standards, DoD Procurement lifecycle).
- Industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies within the Systems Integration and Delivery market areas.
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders. Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc.). Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming. Enhanced Data Visualization skills.
- Current Secret or above clearance desired
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.