Job ID: 2316388
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced mid-level Optical System/Test Engineer with technical and practical understanding of electro-optical and laser phenomenology and architectures to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) support for advanced technology development programs of national significance to promote resilience to a diverse area of global threats. The Optical System/Test Engineer should have payload acquisition and testing experience to provide specialized engineering, analysis, and support to advanced space technology development. The position will be responsible for the performance of technical analysis of advanced optical systems, sensors, and image processing techniques for multiple phenomenologies; and the performance of high-level technology and CONOP trades for future systems.
The Optical System/Test Engineer should understand both technical and programmatic aspects of fielded and planned future Optical technologies, including operational concepts, applied technology, and system architectures, in order to facilitate testing, demonstration, and transition of novel resilient capabilities to operations. The engineer must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will work directly with the Government COTRs and mission partners to coordinate and oversee testing campaigns, organize data, and develop mitigation techniques and technologies. The engineer should be able to quickly adapt to a multi-tasking environment and be comfortable working amongst a diverse and energetic team in the pursuit of mission objectives and project success.
The optical engineer will join a team of on-site SETAs working advanced technologies to enhance resiliency and survivability of space systems with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
· Support government on acquisition, source selection, and programmatic processes.
· Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy requirements.
· Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR.
· Support test planning activities by coordinating with test sites, program offices, operators, and approval authorities.
· Lead the test execution functions, as the test director, by running test execution checklists and finalizing all aspects of the test plans
· Write test reports summarizing test results.
· Provide technical support to customer activities such as participation in program readiness and design reviews
· Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief Government and industry as required
· Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
· Bachelors and 9 years of relevant experience; OR Masters and 7 years of relevant experience
· Experience with development of Optical systems/technologies for Space Applications
· Experience and knowledge related to field testing efforts
· Experience with the Intelligence Community and/or the Department of Defense architectures, spacecraft, and payloads
· Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
· Ability to communicate very technical subjects to a diverse audience of senior decision makers with varying levels of technical expertise
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.