Job ID: 2316386
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a mid-level/senior Optical Engineer with NRO experience to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs. This position supports a System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture.
The optical systems engineer should be proficient in radiometry, photometry, and have payload acquisition experience to provide specialized engineering, analysis, and support to advanced space technology development. The position will be responsible for the performance of technical analysis of advanced optical systems, sensors, and image processing techniques for multiple phenomenologies; and the performance of high-level technology and CONOP trades for future systems. The position will also conduct system-level analysis of concepts; work on new space systems; and plan, execute and evaluate experiments.
The optical engineer will join a team of on-site SETAs working advanced technologies to enhance resiliency and survivability of space systems with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
· Support government on acquisition, source selection, and programmatic processes
· Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy requirements
· Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
· Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
· Bachelor’s degree in physics, engineering, or other discipline related to optics or imaging science and 9 years or more relevant experience; or Masters and 7 years or more relevant experience
· Knowledge of how optical systems are designed, developed, manufactured, and tested
· Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills
· Strong written and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
· Proven technical background in optical systems and space acquisition
· 5 or more years of related experience in a SETA or embedded integrator role
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.