Job ID: 2316350
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a NetOps Engineer to provide support to our team in Reston, VA. Perform real-time monitoring and maintenance operations of network device, server assets, mission critical systems, enterprise services, and networking infrastructure across multiple physical sites on disparate networks. Serve as Tier III support to escalate and resolve teical issues on operational network environments. Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines, resolving network incidents to ensure optimal network operation center performance and build, configure, test, harden, and decommission Windows and Linux servers. C uct in-depth research into vendor-specific te ical documentation, system event logs to identify root causes and provide expert recommendations to resolve long-standing issues and c uct firewall changes, create or troubleshoot F5 iRules, and manage DNS entries and port security. Configure interfaces on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IIOS-XR, and NX-OS devices and develop and modify zone-based firewall on Juniper SRX Firewalls. Support the operation and maintenance of critical Windows and Linux systems to maintain operational availability and an excellent security posture through system configuration and patching or STIGs maintenance. Log and track all work products in ticketing system, recording applied diagnostic te iques used to complete the tasks, and develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for all troubleshooting procedures, patching plans, and required fix actions.
· 3+ years of experience with an Operations and System or Network Administration role
· Experience with developing and enhancing IT troubleshooting processes
· Experience with DoD IT security requirements, including installing patches
· Experience with monitoring solutions, including SolarWinds, Infoblox, Splu, or Cisco ISE
· Knowledge of common ports and protocols and Layers 1-4 of the OSI model
· Ability to
· DoD 8570 Level II Security Certification, including Security+ Certification
· Experience with virtualization, including VMware and VDI
· Experience with task automation or system orchestration via PowerShell
· Experience with basic network administration, including switchport configuration, zone-based firewall management, DHCP support, and DNS management
· Experience with managing enterprise applications, including Microt Exchange, JIRA, Micro t SCCM MECM, and Skype for Business
· Knowledge of vulnerability and STIG scanning tools, including Nessus, SCC Tool, ACAS, and Tanium
· Ability to extract and document user requirements
· Possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.