Job ID: 2316159
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The Naval Business Unit, in support of the Defense and Civilian Sector, currently has a career opportunity for a Surface Warfare (SUW) Senior Training Analyst to provide live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) support to Tactical Training Group Atlantic (TTGL), Virginia Beach, Virginia, as a fleet training subject matter expert (SME).
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate is a former senior-grade U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Officer with high level (command and/or senior staff) experience in SUW operations and at least one tour of duty (two-three years) implementing or instructing SUW principles, doctrine, and naval tactics, techniques and procedures (NTTP) as part of operations or training with naval strike group or fleet staffs or major training command staff. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least four years of applicable training SME experience in:
· Training management
· Developing training curricula
· Conducting fleet/joint training assessments to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
· Delivering training in person and/or online
· Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
· Managing training projects as team and/or project leader
· Designing custom training to meet training objectives
· Engaging senior staff at the Flag Officer/Director/Manager level
· Prioritizing multiple tasks and schedules with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables
Specific Functional Area duties include:
· Assist government leads with the development of synthetic scenarios in accordance with current Naval/Joint doctrine, TTP, and forward deployed Fleet requirements, ensuring all training objectives are accomplished.
· Provide recommendations for the development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to enhance live training exercises.
· Assist in development of exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include, but not limited to, OPORDs, exercise directives, master scenario events lists (MSEL), and exercise game books.
· Provide government leads with appropriate observations/lessons learned from LVC training exercises to ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· U.S. citizen with Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and Top Secret/SCI clearance.
· Active military duty and operational SUW experience commensurate with the O5 paygrade or above.
· Eight (8) years of general training SME and Functional Area experience (12 years in lieu of degree will be considered); see detailed tasks above.
· Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
· Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint) products.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· Command experience.
· Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) staff or AEGIS experience.
· One or more naval tours with high level (senior staff or major training command) experience operating, training, and/or lecturing on SUW principles, doctrine, and NTTP while training strike group or fleet staffs.
· In-depth experience with the Navy Warfare Training System (NWTS) and use of Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL) methodology.
· Experience with JSAF software operation, including the ability to build and execute complex tactical vignettes.
· Experience integrating Joint assets into Fleet operations or LVC training events and developing Command and Control exercise documents.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.