Job ID: 2315929
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Specialist/Program Management Expert (SME) to support Senior Leadership and Program Element Monitors (PEMs) working space programs in the Space Capability Delivery Directorate (SQS) of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Space Acquisition, and Integration at the Pentagon.
SAF/SQS provides headquarters oversight and advocacy for the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The Acquisition Specialist/Program Management Expert shall provide program planning and acquisition support to SAF/SQSC and serves as prime consultant to the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives. The successful applicant shall serve as a liaison between Program Element system program offices (SPOs) at Space Systems Command (SSC), Headquarters Space Force, and OSD Staff and be responsible for maintaining awareness of and assisting with proper execution of all funding within their designated Program Elements or programs of record. This SME will have substantial experience with the acquisition cycle and documents required for program execution and DoD milestone decisions. Qualified applicants must have a current/active Top-Secret SCI with a current background investigation within five (5) years. Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide expert advice to the Program Element Monitor (PEM) and Senior Space Force Leadership regarding program details, acquisition strategies, contracting, and program budgeting.
· Support the review, vetting, and approval of acquisition documents such as an Acquisition Strategy Document (ASD), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW).
· Develop annual budget materials to include RDT&E and Procurement budget justification documents, OSD hearing briefings, and congressional staffer briefs.
· Support the development and presentation of annual budget materials to key stakeholders and develop and coordinate answers to questions for the record/media queries.
· Ability to provide backup support in other space mission areas as required.
· Properly assist customer with Pentagon staff officer skills, knowledge, and proficiency.
· Accurately recommend priority tasks, determine what can be achieved, and assume lead on government tasks directly assigned.
· Respond to all requests/tasks in a timely manner.
· Must possess active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
· Must have the following experience bachelor’s and 9 years or more demonstrated experience in DoD acquisitions or program management; master’s and 7 years or more experience; PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience.
· Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint.
· Exceptional oral and written communications for decision makers; Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional team.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.