Do you like to make sure sure satellites communicate with their ground station systems? If so we have a need for your skills as our onsite Network Engineer here at SAIC to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with experienced engineers and customers supporting the Space Systems Command. Work either in Kirtland AFB, NM or Colorado Springs, CO. Our network team makes sure satellites can communicate with their ground systems and are responsible for monitoring and support of network infrastructure (Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs) and virtual server environments (servers, storage area networks, and VMware) and should be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. We need experts who can determine what needs to be done and go off and do it but also work successfully as part of a team.
Fun work you will be doing on the job:
- Configure, deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot multivendor switches, routers, firewalls, UPS, and network gear in operational and test lab environments and solutions, including Cisco, Palo Alto, Dell, HPE, or Juniper
- Operate, deploy, or administer Linux and Unix systems
- Provide occasional after-hours operational support for networks
- Apply your knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools (Solar Winds, WireShark, etc.) to analyze network activity and problems
- Use and incorporate broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols
- Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities to maintain the network baseline; recommend network design changes/enhancements; and analyze the optimization of network systems performance
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources through which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Develop and maintain network topologies and diagrams
This is you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in science and technology related discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, and Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university and 9 years or more relevant experience (4 additional years of experience my be used in lieu of degree)
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility to start; ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Must possess DoD 8570 baseline certification
- Strong background in Microsoft Office tools and Visio
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors
- Ability to provide high-level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.