SAIC is seeking an Azure Platform Engineer to create, deploy, and sustain DevOps pipelines in a Microsoft Azure, cloud software development environment supporting Air Force weapon systems.
(This is an onsite position / no remote work)
In this role, you will create and use end-to-end solutions in an Azure cloud environment to implement DevOps practices throughout the application planning, development, delivery, and operations pipeline. Additionally you will get to develop, implement, and support the DevOps technologies, culture, and processes to enable continual software delivery and better value for weapons system software development teams.
Specifics of what you get to do in this position:
- Manage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Azure DevOps repositories and build/manage Azure DevOps pipelines for IaC deployments.
- Assist other developers, operations, and security teams with needed troubleshooting, access, and monitoring. create and use end-to-end solutions in a Microsoft Azure cloud environment to implement DevOps practices throughout the application planning, development, delivery, and operations pipeline.
- Develop and maintain DevOps tools and processes to support configuration identification, control, reporting and delivery of Air Force, weapons-system software.
- Utilize Azure Monitor to implement full stack–monitoring, manage alerts, and gain insights from logs and telemetry. Manage assigned cloud environments with Azure Automation and tools such as Ansible and Chef.
- Provision, manage, and operate Azure PaaS and SaaS layers for storage, network components, security integrations, network defense, network security appliances and integrations/services, virtual networks.
- Provision, manage, and operate Azure-based web and development services to include load balancers, application gateways, traffic management, App Services, App Configuration, App Insights, and Service Bus.
- Keep provisioned infrastructure and applications in compliance by using Azure Blueprints or Chef Automate in conjunction with Azure Security Center to limit threat exposure and quickly find and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Create DevOps efficiencies where possible by automating deployments and configurations.
- Create and manage observability processes and protocols for Azure workloads including thresholds, triggers, action groups, ticketing system and web hook integrations.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and report metrics on service and application issues (uptime, redundancy, latency, traffic, error rates, saturation, performance, usage).
- Develop, implement, and maintain relevant documentation, guidelines, checklists, and policies to promote continuous integration, ensure and improve data security.
- Perform technical maintenance of the configuration management tools and ensure compliance with standard configurations.
- Develop standards for enterprise-wide use and train software developers and system administrators in the use of pipeline tools and the implementation of quality standards.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess an Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's and fourteen (14) or Masters and twelve (12) years of experience; or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570.1-M IAT-III certification (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED)
- AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals certification.
- AZ-104 Azure Administrator certification.
- AZ-700 Azure Networking Associate certification.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.