This is a senior firewall position within the Vanguard Contract, providing general engineering support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems and devices. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding perimeter security devices. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of perimeter security technologies and devices.
The position does report onsite and is allowing temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite daily at any time at the customer's request.
The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting perimeter security configuration/implementations. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
- Build, design, test and deploy perimeter security systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
- Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the transition to operations of perimeter security devices for 24x7 O&M.
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as it relates to perimeter security.
- Supports the configuration and testing of replacement perimeter devices.
- Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software build and refresh cycles.
- Create and Maintain standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8-10 years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance).
- Expert experience in one or more of the following security devices: Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama management console, Forcepoint StoneGate, Fortinet Fortigate NGFW, A10 Encrypted Traffic Inspection/Application Delivery, and Cisco ESA & ASA.
- Experience developing and configuring SSL encryption/decryption solutions for traffic inspection.
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (Palo Alto, Forcepoint Stonegate).
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software.
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledgeable with configuring Cisco switches.
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools.
- US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance prior to starting work.
Desired Education & Skills
- Experience with Red Hat Linux/CentOS and Ubuntu including administration scripting is a plus.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Certifications: Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), A10 Certification/Accreditation, StoneGate Firewall/VPN Architect Certification, StoneGate Management Client (SMC) Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, Security+, Fortinet NSE.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.