SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking a creative and dedicated technical writing professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
The Technical Writer will work with a team of writers to research, organize, write, and edit information for small to medium business growth opportunities for a high visibility contract. The Technical Writer will manage their schedule, assignments, and meetings associated with all narratives and submissions. This is a critical position within the PMO that requires excellent communication skills, a team building personality, and flexibility to adapt to change.
The ideal candidate for the position must be comfortable engaging employees and subcontractors to validate information on their resumes and capture details about their work experiences. This information will be used generate a winning response to new opportunities. In addition, the ideal candidate must be comfortable conducting research to understand technical terms that may be unfamiliar and providing a concise summary of those terms. The candidate should bring a sense of creativity to explore new and innovative approaches to workflows and writing styles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Three (3) or more years writing, reviewing, and editing technical resumes or other technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficiently managing multiple writing projects to completion
- Collaborating with a small team of writers
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint
- Must be comfortable researching unfamiliar technology well enough to describe and summarize
- A writing sample is required for the position and will be discussed during interview.
- Understanding of basic IT technologies and terminology
- Work Location
- Must report to Chantilly office a minimum of two (2) to three (3) times per week required, depending upon activities
- Opportunity to work remotely the other times is available
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.