SAIC's Horizon contract is seeking a energized and professional Systems Administrator to support the Horizon 2 contract's secure operating facilities in Colorado Springs, CO.
Your background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems in both Windows and Linux environments will be the driving force behind the success of our missions for the US Space Force. Join us in safeguarding the nation's space assets and explore the limitless opportunities that await in this dynamic role. You'll have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored in this role, ensuring not only your professional growth but also the continued excellence of our operations. You will get to use your strong communication (verbal and written) skills and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment which may require sporadic off-hours support. If this is what you are looking for, keep reading.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Address and maintain all hardware and software, in compliance with established policies, as well as establish and maintain accounts for authorized users.
- Supporting the systems will encompass a range of responsibilities, from server and workstation configuration and maintenance, LAN setup and operability, to cable management, Audio-Visual systems setup and maintenance, and analog/digital/VoIP phone services.
- Interface with military, DoD Civilian, and contractor personnel, with a team-oriented and customer-focused attitude.
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related discipline, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree) with:
- Configuring and managing LINUX/UNIX (RHEL, CentOS), and Windows operating systems; installing/updating operating systems software; and troubleshooting
- Network topology, data flows, firewalls, routers and switches
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution, and providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems, to include utilizing software tools and logs to monitor network and system health
- Managing the daily activities of configuration and operations of IT systems, to include user accounts and system certificates
- Installing and maintaining computers (laptops and desktops), to include performing software installations
- Providing assistance to users in accessing IT systems
- Microsoft Exchange and Server; MS Active Directory; MS Windows Desktop Computing; Remote Desktop Management; MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Teams)
- Must meet Customer / DoD Manual 8140.03 IAT II / IAM I requirements (Security+ or higher)
- In-scope security background investigation (T5 or SSBI), adjudicated for SCI eligibility and enrolled in the Continuous Evaluation program (if applicable)
- Willing to be nominated for access to Sensitive Compartment Information and Special Access Programs and willing to consent to a Polygraph examination
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience working with systems in SAP and/or SCI environments
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanners (Nessus/ACAS), Splunk, SCAP compliance scanning, and applying DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems
- Knowledge of the JSIG, NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP 800-53/53A, and CNSSI 1253, and the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process
- Experience with: MS PowerShell Integrated Scripting Engine (ISE); MS Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM); Adobe Professional; ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO); Cisco phone systems; SIEM Tools
- Experience in configuring backups, Incident Response, and Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Experience with Juniper switches and routers, Dell servers, McAfee Firewalls, and KVMS
- Experience creating/updating plans, processes, and procedures, in support of system and data security requirements, as well as establishing artifacts required for system certification
- Familiarity with virtualized hosting, such as VMware
- Ability to problem solve and think critically, sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Project management skills
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.