Job ID: 2315682
Location: QUANTICO, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2023
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security & Space Sector of SAIC is seeking a Senior Desktop Engineer to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically, on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
· Provides desktop engineering efforts to deploy, maintain, and trouble shoot data input/output devices across the DCSA networks, as part of the overall strategic objective of the DCSA IT modernization and One IT initiatives to provide an improved flexible and evolving enterprise IT environment to support the DCSA mission IAW with DCSA and DoD policies and procedures and commonly utilized industry best practices.
· Creates and builds images; updates, maintains, and secures enterprise endpoints; and develops non-standard workstation images for standalone machines.
· Performs quarterly update and delivery of enterprise desktop image to Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
· Troubleshoots and makes recommendations for remediation of security and functionality issues in the desktop image.
· Identifies, logs and tracks user issues, software conflicts and hardware device conflicts through IT incident ticketing system, providing resolution and/or escalating for assistance.
· Receives Tier II tickets that are escalated to the DE team and resolves desktop incidents and issues.
· Walks customers through installing applications and computer peripherals, upgrading software, and troubleshooting basic IT issues.
· Ensures on-time delivery and execution of all aspects of desktop engineering technical assistance and support.
· Ensures timely restoral and proper maintenance of laptops/tablets/workstations and peripheral devices.
· Works with various DCSA teams, such as Data Center Operations (DCO) and Computer Network Defense, to support day-to-day logistics of deploying integrated solutions, including scheduling, provisioning, imaging, patching, securing, sanitizing, testing, tracking, distribution, storage, and transportation of assets.
· Analyzes deployment failures and takes corrective actions, while identifying and recommending solutions to problematic trends and patterns.
· Recommends and implements technology, knowledge management, and processes that improve the effectiveness of desktop engineering.
· Supports documentation of desktop/system network configurations and software inventory, as well as DE/Automation trends and resolutions.
· Provides support for training for new technology deployment.
· Updates and maintains a knowledge base for investigating, diagnosing, and resolving incidents as applicable.
It is required that the Senior Desktop Engineer have the following qualifications:
Nine (9) or more years of experience
TS (SCI Eligible)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.