The F5 Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, and troubleshooting of the Department of State, PKI network infrastructure. In addition, this person will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of an F5 load balancing system. This person will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the network meets the end user requirements for performance, security, and availability.
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request. This role will require 3-4 days onsite.
- Work with other network engineers to design and implement a secure and highly reliable network configuration
- Able to implement different network configurations such as LAN, WLAN, and WAN network environments
- Install and configure networking equipment including routers, switches, firewalls,
- Implement and maintain network security measures to protect the organization's data and systems
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for Server Load Balancing architecture for the PKI enterprise
- Develop implementation strategies, plans and processes for migration of the Server Load Balancing systems from data center to data center
- Set up the logging (using syslog) and monitoring solutions for the load balancing environment
- Perform network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Provide recommendations to improve network security posture
- Experience with microsegementation using software tools such as NSX
- Ability to plan, develop, and perform lab performance, functional, and integration testing
- Conduct regular security audits and vulnerability assessments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the business requirements
- Ensure the NIST 800-53 Rev. 4 security controls, where applicable, are in place and validated on the network and load balancing systems
- Must be able to travel to data center as necessary (local and remote)
- Be available for on-call support and network engineering expertise when operational issues or outages are escalated (as necessary)
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and 10 years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, deploying, and managing network environments
- Highly preferred: F5 Certified Technology Specialist or Solutions Expert Level Certification: 300 series or higher
- Experience deploying, upgrading, and troubleshooting multivendor network equipment and solutions, including Cisco, Palo Alto, and ForcePoint
- Ability and willingness to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems and a working knowledge of web-based applications.
- 4 years of experience with network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers
- 4 years of experience installing and configuring network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Ability to write documentation such as procedures, processes, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to think analytically, troubleshoot, and solve problems
- Must have good communication and collaboration skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Must obtain interim TS prior to starting work
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certification preferred
- Security+, CISSP, or equivalent
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Identity Governance Products (SailPoint, Oracle, Saviynt etc.)
- Knowledge of web services (REST/SOAP)
- Familiarity with SCIM and knowledge of various API authentication standards
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Assess integration opportunities from technical perspective and provide solutions
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.