Job ID: 2315648
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a MBSE Senior Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA.
SAIC is seeking a cleared MBSE Systems Engineer who is a current Model-Based Engineering practitioner to support a portfolio of Battlespace Awareness and Information Operations (BAIO) capabilities to our DoD customer, to include In this role, you will join our highly energized team of solution architects as we deploy innovative solutions for Information Operations; Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance; and Meteorology and Oceanography capabilities. The Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Solutions need SE and MBSE methods and creative thinking for a successful program.
· Exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your Systems Engineering and Model-Based Engineering experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to more effectively support our customers and ensure their mission success.
· Use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on an individual program(s).
· Learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Model-Based SE&I platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of SE&I solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing – and fully supported model-based engineering culture.
· Engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
· Engage with the larger community to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities.
Required skills, education and experience:
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
· Bachelor’s Degree and Science, Engineering or Math and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience. Applicable experience is acceptable in lieu of advanced education.
· Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and procedures. Intermediate/Advance experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF.
· Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Desired Skills and Certifications:
· Prior Military experience with IO systems
· Prior experience with unmanned systems and unmanned payloads
· INCOSE ASEP/CSEP
· Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment SAFe
· Familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
· Understanding of PEO C4I / NAVWAR organization structure, programs of records and mission focus.
· Basic familiarity of PoR, DOD, U.S. Navy acquisition documents.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.