SAIC is seeking Battery Chemist of all levels to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
- Perform strategic planning, technology road mapping, engineering evaluations and technical assessments
- Provide chemical engineering support to the Power and Energy Systems Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division
- Assist Division with providing direct submarine battery fleet support, Operating Profile testing development, Production Lot Acceptance testing, Lifecycle testing, Qualification testing, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Physical Dissection, Destructive Physical Analysis, High Current testing capabilities, Water Immersion testing, Acid and Alkaline testing capability, and Battery Monitor Systems, as needed.
- Provide support for large format Silver (Ag) Zinc (Zn) batteries, large format lead acid batteries, lithium batteries, such as those used on submarines. However, as foreign and domestic markets advance, or new discoveries are made, other battery chemistries and storage configurations may be added.
- Familiarity with capabilities and limitations of commercial failure and material analysis, both non-destructive and destructive analysis to include: Battery Dissections (SVRLA Battery Dissections, Lithium-Ion dissections, Silver Zinc, and other Battery chemistries)
- Provides guidance and technical solutions
- May conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes, perform tests throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables, including temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure; includes impact analysis
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Candidates will be considered based on education level and years of experience.
- Battery Chemist: bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience.
- Sr. Battery Chemist: bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience; master’s degree and 3+ years; or PhD and 0 years’ experience.
- Principal Battery Chemist: bachelor’s degree and 9+ years or experience; master’s degree and 7+ years; PhD and 4+ years of experience.
- Must possess a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field, general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Interim clearance required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. SAIC will sponsor the clearance process.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.