Job ID: 2315469
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2023
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are looking for an experienced, Full-time, ATC Training Materials Administrator-II to join the SAIC Controller Training Solutions (CTS) team at the Salt Lake ARTCC (ZLC) in Salt Lake City, UT, supporting air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The position of Training Materials Administrator is responsible for performing and coordinating office administrative activities and storing, retrieving, and integrating information for dissemination to staff and clients. This position is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization. Training Materials Administrator must possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of office equipment, such as fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems. Training Materials Administrator must be proficient with computers as to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage databases; and create error free reports and documents. The Training Materials Administrator is responsible for appropriately and confidentially, when necessary, accessing, entering and extracting information from designated government databases. Training Materials Administrator may occasionally coordinate travel arrangement, as well as process payroll and approve timesheets.
Additional duties may include, but need not be limited to:
· Performing and coordinating an office’s administrative activities
· Storing, retrieving, and integrating information for dissemination to staff and customers.
· Knowledge of: fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems
· Proficient with computers and internet
· Skilled negotiating with vendors to purchase supplies, manage areas such as stockrooms and retrieve data from various sources
· Serve as information and communication managers for an office
· Plan/schedule meetings and appointments
· Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
· Manage projects, conduct research, and disseminate information by using the telephone, mail services, web sites, and e-mail.
· Handle travel arrangements.
· Monitor administrative activities, ensure compliance with administrative procedures, rules, regulations, and statutes.
· Review the efficiency of administrative procedures within the office and recommend improvements.
· Monitor expenditures and receipts; ensuring expenditures are coded in compliance with funding source restrictions and tracking requirements. Recommend solutions for problems or unique situations to supervisor.
· Assist Hiring Manager in preparing interview packages and correspondence for instructional candidates. This position will support the operational efforts of recruitment requests by verifying accuracy of position information, scope, and duration of recruitment; reviewing and making suggestions to improve selection criteria, interview questions, and rating devices; evaluating applicant education and experience to verify applicant meets minimum qualifications; and reviewing internal selection process to determine if all procedural requirements have been met.
· Calculate or audit timesheets, monitor instruction time and pay differential including a variety of standard premium pays such as overtime, shift differentials, hazard, recall and standby; reviewing and correcting calculations and coding completed by other staff.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that Air Traffic Control Specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current Air Traffic Control Specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified Air Traffic Controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
· US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
· Five (5) years of experience operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
· The capability to enter and extract information from designated Government database programs as required by the authorized Training Administrator (TA).
· The ability to format and produce high quality and error free documents in response to program requirements.
· The Training Materials Administrator must also possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Administrative experience in a government facility.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.