Job ID: 2315464
Location: HAMPTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Senior Communications Engineer to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Falconer Program. The position is located at the USAF customer site in Hampton, VA, and reports to the Site Support Team (SST) IPT Lead. Position can require extensive travel to AOC site worldwide.
This position requires a demonstrated understanding and application of Radio Frequency (RF) and configuration management principals and process, mission planning/scheduling along with experience in installation, upgrade, and sustainment of existing AOC Radio / Datalink baseline. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and SAIC at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Day to day sustainment & support of the installed Air Operations Center (AOC) RF and Datalink baseline
· Support major upgrade projects.
· Provide technical expertise and support to assist AOC sites to mitigate risks when transitioning from one fielded baseline to the next
· Help site Radio and Datalink Maintainers/Administrators and other site users to increase their proficiency on the fielded RF / Datalink baseline.
· Provide support at AOC sites while site personnel progress through contracted on-site training that is provided by the program office.
· Assist in closing action items noted in the Fielding Summary Memorandum (FSM) and Site-Specific Engineering Plan (SSEP); Develop FSM and SSEP as required to document Radio / Datalink installations and upgrades.
· Assist site personnel with properly configuring, troubleshooting issues, and migrating to new AOC RF and Datalink infrastructure components.
· Assist site personnel with capturing site variances to incorporate into the CM process, data migration (as required), application tuning, domain policies, applying security patches, submitting/closing trouble tickets (as required) and configuring the AOC baseline to minimize downtime.
· Attend technical exchange meetings, AOC PC engineering and integration meetings, post installation follow-up meetings.
· Submit recommended changes to AOC configuration management (CM) personnel.
· Provide recommendations on performance and security issues and other items of interest relating to AOC baseline(s)
· Completion of all applicable fielding objectives, by applicable deadlines
· Attend site and SPO fielding meetings, as applicable.
· Work with key players to identify achievable site-specific objectives.
· Track lessons learned and metrics and share with other members of the team.
· Assist with Verification and Validation Assessments and other SPO events as required.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree and 7 years or more experience; master’s degree and 5 years or more experience. Experience and industry certifications will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
· Current DoD Secret security clearance, eligible for SCI
· Current IAT Level 2 Certification (Sec+ or higher)
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
· Familiarity with military RF communication / Datalinks
· Experience in mission management or command & control domains
· Knowledge of RF / Datalink systems administration roles and functions, including requirements management, functional analysis, configuration management processes and procedures
· Two or more years of experience with at least four of the following hardware/software platforms…
o Experience with AN/PRC-117G TACSAT Radio
o Experience with Catalyst Switches (9300 series)
o Experience with Radio Distribution System (RDS); or WAVE software/hardware configurations
o Experience with High Frequency (HF) Radio (URG-III / URG-IV)
o Experience with Link-16 and/or Link-11 Operations (Radios/Antennas)
o Experience with Air Force Tactical Receive System (AFTRS) (RF or Network Version)
o Experience with Joint Range Extension (JRE)
o Experience with Joint Air Defense System Integrator)
o Experience with High Performance Waveform (HPW)
o Experience with Global Position System (GPS) receivers/antennas/splitters/time servers
o Experience with Global Broadcast System (GBS) radios/antennas/distribution
o Experience with Satellite, Line of Site (LOS) and HF antennas
o Experience with Fiber Optic Remote Antenna Extension (FORAX)
o Experience with RF / Datalink infrastructure/operations at AOCs
o Experience with Lightning Protection systems including air terminals and RF surge suppressors.
o Experience with the termination and installation of Coaxial, CAT-5, CAT-6, and fiber cables
o Experience with installation of RF Infrastructure (NEMA boxes, Demarks, Cable Management)
· Troubleshoot radio networks to diagnose and repair system issues.
· Assist with technology integration by executing liaison duties with select technology providers.
· Identification of any errors or correction needed to system technical diagrams and documentation, including installation, configuration, and operations & maintenance guides, as well as system/application verification and validation instructions.
· Perform site surveys for the installation or upgrade of RF / Datalink systems and develop / brief design plans to include List of Materials (LOM)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.