SAIC seeks a Lead Security Engineer to assist the Department of Transportation’s Cybersecurity mission by supporting the implementation of IPv6 networking capabilities by joining a dedicated team of cybersecurity professionals who collaborate, cooperate, and facilitate maintaining and enhancing the security posture of DOT information systems and underlying infrastructure. These information systems and their supporting infrastructure support the DOT mission of managing and maintaining United States critical infrastructure (i.e. highways, bridges, roads, airports, etc.).
Job Role Specific Requirements:
- Engage with Federal Leadership and counterparts to support designing, implementing, and maintaining secure IPv6 network architectures, including firewalls and network segmentation.
- Engage with network, system and application/software administrators/engineers to troubleshoot issues associated with IPv6 security related technologies
- Support regular assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities in IPv6 networks, services, and applications and develop strategies to mitigate these risk
- Support IPv6 related security incidents
- Support development and enforcement of IPv6-specific security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with industry best practices and regulatory requirement
- Maintain detailed documentation of IPv6 network security configurations, incident reports, and security procedures
- Work IPv6 cybers related security operations ITSM (ServiceNow) assigned tickets to completion
- Participate in relevant CyberSecurity and Security Operations (SecOps) meetings
- Collaborate on and provide feedback on cybersecurity solutions that enhance DOT security posture with a focus on IPv6
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of networked environments and topologies, both IPv4 and IPv6, and the communication protocols implemented
- A comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity best practices and industry standards for implementing IPv6 securely
- Hands on experience with firewalls, routers, switches, proxies, cloud-based systems, operating systems, databases, networking
- Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Security Software, Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and host-based IDS and IPS and general cyber security best practices and industry standards
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of related experience administrating enterprise anti-virus software, specifically Symantec.
- Must have experience using DOT Anti-Virus system (currently Symantec).
- Performs day-to-day activities required to administer and deploy Symantec anti-virus software to all required workstations and servers.
- Centrally manages Symantec related settings using various servers.
- Manages workstation anti-virus software, DAT, and engineer updates.
- Performs virus scans and updates as scheduled.
- Troubleshoots complex issues and provides incident resolution for all related incidents requiring escalated support or subject matter enterprise. Assists with malware response efforts
Top Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred. A master's degree is a plus
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified IPv6 Security Expert (CISE), or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in network security tools and technologies, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, and SIEM solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members and convey complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant federal and/or regulatory requirements and security standards (NIST, DHS/CISA, etc.).
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.