SAIC is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team of professionals executing complex systems integration efforts for the Navy and United States Marine Corps.
Work will be performed on site in in Charleston, SC.
Candidate will follow scope of work detailed below:
- This work primarily entails specification and development of advanced solutions for unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- A subset of the developed solutions will be comprised of electro-mechanical systems validated in a systems integration laboratory (SIL) and on operational systems that will require embedded system design knowledge.
- Candidate will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop solutions to complicated systems integration challenges and will be a key contributor to development of new principles and concepts.
- Develops material solutions and manufacturing techniques for complex Naval structures. Performs static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages. Collaborates with drafting for completion of model and drawing technical data package.
- Collaborate with the capture team on bid and proposal efforts to secure new opportunities in the naval and ground combat domains.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Preferred degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related engineering field.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling Software (Solidworks) in design of moderately complex mechanical and structural systems.
- Ability to design various mechanical systems to include pneumatic or hydraulic architectures.
- Familiarity with Finite Element / Structural Analysis tools used in the design and development of fabricated steel and aluminum structures.
- Familiarity with configuration management controls associated with the design and release of technical data packages (Such as Windchill, TeamCenter, ARAS, etc.).
- Working knowledge in application of AWS Structural Welding Codes with familiarity and demonstrated expertise in the application of GD&T IAW ASME Y14.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Familiarity with Naval vessels and naval subsystem integration is highly desired.
- Ability to conduct Finite Element / Structural or Seismic Analysis.
- Professional Engineers License.
- Familiarity with process piping or complex piping arrangements.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.