Job ID: 2315329
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2023
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Specialist/Program Management Expert to provide acquisition support to the United States Space Force (USSF) Head Quarters Space Operations Command (HQ SpOC). The USSF SpOC equips U.S. forces with space capabilities in support of the DoD and Joint Warfighting forces. The mission of the SpOC is to protect America and our Allies in, from, and to space… now and into the future. In this capacity the SpOC generates, presents, and sustains combat-ready intelligence, cyber, space and combat support forces and serves as the USSF Service Component to USSPACECOM. The primary responsibility of the candidate for this position is to provide support to the HQ SpOC Operations Integration and Mission Delivery (OIMD) Process. The OIMD process allows the HQ SpOC to deliver and manage the systems and capabilities that it delivers to the DoD and Joint Warfighting forces.
The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, Pentagon Staff, HQ SpOC staff support elements, operational units, and external organizations). In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Space Capability Development Seminar (SCDS).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice to the Program/Project Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding Operations, Integration and Mission Delivery (OIMD) process, acquisition and support strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution
- Candidate must have experience with JCIDS, DAS, and PPBE with working knowledge of USSF Pentagon, HQ SpOC, and Operational Elements
- Provide SME support in the development, coordination and execution of the OIMD process to include all aspects of the system life cycle (development, acquisition, operations/sustainment, and disposal)
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver SCDS course and associated training materials
- BS/BA Degree- Business or Engineering
- 15 years of space experience in acquisition, operations, and/or program management within the Air Force and/or Intelligence Community
- Pentagon and Headquarters Space experience (desired)
- Experience with HQ AFSPC Perfect System Delivery Process (now OIMD) (desired)
- Experience with JCIDS, DAS, and PPBE processes
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.