Job ID: 2315222
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Chief Program Acquisitions Specialist to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to assist with the successful delivery of Space Command and Control software systems. You will play a crucial role in providing recommendations translating mission needs into operationally delivered end-to-end software solutions.
This position is based in El Segundo, CA, and focuses on supporting the Horizon program within the Space Command and Control (Space C2) Program Management Office. As part of this role, you will be collaborating closely with the Space Systems Command's (SSC) Battle Management Command, Control & Communications (BMC3) Program Executive Office. Your primary responsibilities will involve contributing to the development, deployment, modernization, and expansion efforts of the Space C2 program.
The position requires you having an in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and documentation. You will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, System Engineers, and external/partner organizations). The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills.
· Drive a strategy for migration from a mixed cloud/on-premise environment to a multi-hybrid cloud environment. This will include design, documentation, and briefings to senior leaders and stakeholders to drive stability, resiliency, scalability, and flexibility into the BMC3 ground systems architecture.
· Provide expert advice to the Program Manager and Senior Space Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting, and execution.
· Support various systems architecting and engineering activities, including system requirements definition, design, interface management, data architecture development, verification and validation, integration, performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis and estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration assessments.
· Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
· Define or contribute tot the program baseline then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
· Manage EVMS and support POM input as part of the Programming Phase of the Program, Planning, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) process.
· Sustain the development and refinement of acquisition strategies, as well as identify program execution issues and provide recommendations when possible.
· Generate presentation materials, status briefings, and strategic communication products to assist the government customer in achieving favorable program outcomes.
· Perform analyses of program business cases and risk assessments. Offer actionable recommendations to the program manager.
· Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (AoA, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.)
· Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (RFP (SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), Source Selection Strategy, etc.)
· Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from various DoDs 5000 series, and relevant DoD, AF, and SSC policies
· Draft technical evaluations and function as an advisor in source selections
· Provide technical and programmatic assessments of contractor designs and milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements
Minimum Qualifications (This is you):
Preferred Qualifications (You will wow us even more if you have experience will the following)
· Understanding of different levels of security controls, principles, and best-practices within commercial cloud offerings (e.g. access management, monitoring, configuration management, etc.)
· Program Management of ACAT I through ACAT III programs.
· Served as an evaluator/advisor on a Source Selection.
· Interpret the validity of results and clearly communicate the meaning of those results.
· Working in an Agile software dev environment
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.