SAIC is seeking a Senior Capture Manager - Incumbent Program Liaison to focus on Navy and Marine Corps opportunities within SAIC’s Navy Business Unit (NBU) with a proven record of winning-especially on recompete/”Keep Sold” efforts. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Capture Management for the NBU within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC. The Senior Capture Manager - Incumbent Program Liaison is responsible for training, guiding, coaching, and mentoring Program/Line Management personnel in developing capture plans, formulating winning capture strategies, and to obtain and manage the resources necessary to prosecute capture plans on recompete/keep sold opportunities. This position will require working with Program/Line Management leads on the development of gap analyses, competitive assessments, discriminators, key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy/value proposition. The Senior Capture Manager - Program Liaison will ensure the Program/Line Managers are prepared to serve as the lead architect for external teaming strategies and team partner roles to include identifying, selecting, and recruiting teammates, subcontractors, and suppliers-both from incumbent and new sources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position requires highly effective management and leadership ability to coach, mentor, train and guide Program/Line Managers working to secure recompete business and support on contract growth objectives. Promoting that communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Facilitate the execution of Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC recompete and on contract growth culture.
- Instruct the Program/Line Managers methods to effectively gather, assess, and validate customer needs and how to impact a winning solution.
- Guide the assessment of probable competition and evaluate relative strengths and threats – support Black-hat reviews, as needed, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Coach methods to translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advance strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits.
- Prepare Program/Line Managers for the development and conduct of gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; Ensure lessons learned are documented.
- Mentor leads in the development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; Help to ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids.
- Drive accountability for advancing and maturing recompete and on contract growth opportunities toward high win probability.
- Bachelor's Degree and 18+ years of experience or Masters of Science or MBA and 14+ years’ experience 10 years+ experience consistently winning >$100M single award deals- including recompete efforts, Keep Sold Programs and On Contract Growth efforts
- Experience utilizing Navy MAC, IDIQ’s, IAC MAC and other contract vehicles.
- Proven track record in winning a variety of recompete technical programs, including pre-proposal and working on industry proposal teams and serving on review teams.
- Past experience in a Capture Manager role on winning program recompetes and/or on contract growth efforts.
- Strong strategic thinking and decision making skills, to maximize probability of win and define competitive positioning, win strategy, themes and discriminators.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, assessing and enhancing pricing strategies throughout the course of the capture process.
- Strong knowledge of industry participants providing the customer with solutions and high end services support.
- Proven ability to evaluate teammates and partners.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with all levels of company and customer management.
- Strong analytic, presentation, training, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex, matrix task and team comprised of personnel who are highly educated and skilled, yet not direct reports.
- Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision.
- Ability to establish working relationships with customers, other companies, technical staff, managers and peers
- .Demonstrated effective and efficient use of capture and proposal resources (e.g., B&P, IRAD, lead funds, facilities, demos, and line personnel).
- Demonstrated performance conducting various color reviews.
- In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on Navy and Marine Corps programs.
- In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected.
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture training and efforts
- Demonstrated experience capturing large opportunities, particularly on incumbent contracts and with large scale “Keep Sold” programs. with Capture management training (Shipley, Miller Heiman or other). Experience on leading programs or capture efforts for weapon system platforms, system integration and defined product delivery efforts.
- Proven experience as a Program/Line Manager-with both P&L and Growth responsibilities.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal and training/coaching skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
- Strong willingness and capability as a “hands on” mentor, guide, and coach to help drive success.
- Business and/or Technical background.
- Demonstrated experience implementing unique capture strategies to increase probability of win.
- Deep understanding of all facets of effective growth from the initial opportunity identification to inside of the proposal room.
- Driven and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
- · Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.