Job ID: 2315260
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2023
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
SAIC is looking for TS/SCI cleared Cybersecurity Systems Engineering candidates who are experienced in Cybersecurity to support multiple programs for our DoD customer within Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). The individual will determine if engineering and security solutions are practical, reliable, compliant and interoperable for the execution/implementation on Navy and Intelligence Community (IC) Networks and within other Navy infrastructures, ISR tools, and Command and Control (C2) systems/capabilities.
· Develop cogent and actionable security requirements that result in robust security postures, heightened cyber resilience and protection of sensitive data/information.
· Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
· Design security architecture overlays to overarching system architectures that deliver increased security balanced against time and cost metrics.
· Provides secure configuration management (CM) in support of information systems, security software, hardware and firmware.
· Manage changes to systems and assess the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include, but not limited to, System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
· Draft Program Protection Plans (PPPs), Cybersecurity Strategies, Security Classification Guides (SCGs), Anti-Tamper (AT) Plans and other Navy Acquisition program security-related documents.
· Perform Criticality Analyses (CAs) to include Critical Program Information (CPI) surveys. Perform Critical Functionality (CF) and Critical Component (CC) identification reviews.
· Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures and resolving integration issues.
Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness with existing and emerging infrastructures.
· Perform General Service (GENSER) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Risk Management Framework (RMF) support for Department of Defense (DoD) IT systems to include development and maintenance of RMF package components, conduct risk assessments and develop test plans.
· Assist in the generation and update of technical documentation for system development. Documents may include Concept of Employment, Requirements Traceability, training, white papers and capability assessment reports.
· Use operational experience to interpret and provide feedback on system requirements.
Provide analysis of capabilities and software tools and recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from source as required.
Assist the customer with Test and Evaluation (T&E) cybersecurity-focused test events [e.g., Coordinated Vulnerability Penetration Assessment (CVPA) and Adversarial Assessment (AA)].
· Ensure that classified information systems’ security policies, standards and procedures are established and followed by maintaining an operational security posture.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.