SAIC is looking for a leader/manager system administrator, with a bachelors’ degree plus 14 years of experience, and a background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting satellite ground command and control computer systems hardware and software. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team (Network Administrators, Systems Engineers, Cyber Specialist, Hardware Engineers, Configuration Manages, Life Cycle Manager and other System Administrators) to provide for the provisioning, installation, configuration (including configuration control), operations, satellite contact support, system availability, data dissemination, periodic maintenance inspections, monitoring and overall maintenance of the ground command and control enterprise systems. The Lead SA must have a team-oriented and customer-focused attitude to support multiple locations, support a variety of ground C2 systems and the ability to understand and support the mission requirements of multiple mission partners.
SAIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
SAIC SCOPE: Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Manage a team of 10-20 System Administrators across multiple satellite command and control systems and the facility infrastructure integration interfaces at two locations (Kirtland AFB, New Mexico and Schriever SFB, Colorado).
- Manage on-call rotation for 24/7/365.
- Manage staffing certifications to ensure all SAs are current and qualified to conduct administrative tasks in accordance with DoD 8570.01.
- Ensure Performance Work Statement (PWS) compliance; specifically, provide weekly system availability metrics.
- Manage monthly Software Configuration Audit (SCA) and Periodic Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) in accordance with the PWS.
- Manage Support to Task Order – 0003 (Cyber) with system status, patching and STIGs.
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of production Linux Servers in a VMWare Virtualized Environment.
- Responsible for daily system monitoring, security, server health, resources and log management of Linux and Windows systems.
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis; identifying issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, user access and other interfaces to effectively meet system availability requirements.
- Establish and maintain weekly interfaces with Network Lead, Chief of Engineering or representative, Cyber lead, Hardware Lead, Configuration Manager, Life Cycle Manager, and mission program managers.
- Manage hardware and software installation through support of ERB and CCB briefing package development and presentation to the government; provide the technical IT information necessary to ensure the plan is operable and meets the customers command and control requirements.
- Focal point for System Administrator on-call support.
- Create, track, and maintain software documentation and updates – support the Life Cycle Manager and Configuration Manager.
- Support system evaluations, special studies, tests, and peer reviews.
Education: BA/BS in Computer Science / Engineering from an accredited college or university or an equivalent 2/4-year technical degree. The educational experience should support the primary responsibilities listed to ensure best practices within the field and provide strength in the candidate’s ability to manage the environment.
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification required; current Security+ CE (others such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, or SSCPy).
- 14 years of relevant experience. A master’s degree can substitute for 2 years and PhD and additional 3 years. Consideration will be given based on the type of IT/SA experience and for any additional certifications – particularly those associated with cyber and cloud.
- Active Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret with SCI eligibility. It is imperative that the candidate be able to obtain a TS/SCI indoctrination nomination within 3 months of hire. Individual circumstances that delay SCI indoctrination or situations that prevent SAP read-in will be grounds for removal from the position.
- 2 years’ Linux experience - Extensive knowledge in administering Linux environments by earning the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) certification. (Extensive experience administering Linux-based operating systems is also integral in the shift towards developing cloud-based ground system architectures.)
- UNIX system administration or working knowledge.
- RedHat experience – working knowledge.
- Ability to complete HW/SW installs, configure, troubleshoot, and maintains server hardware and software to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability iaw PWS criteria.
- Direct experience with network topology, data flows, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Provide information gathered from system operators, system administrators, network engineers and hardware engineers in the government-approved DE tool to revise CR/CR tickets.
- Perform maintenance on Thinklogical KVM switch matrix, SA of the Thinklogical SMP appliance: adding and removing sources from the SMP appliance. Manage those that do.
- Provide on-site SA support M-F 8-5 for network design/monitoring, permissions management, account management, user logging, virtualization management, middleware management, and database management.
- Management experience leading an IT or systems architect team in a DoD computer environment.
- Management experience leading an IT or systems architect team in a DoD computer command and control environment; highly desired – a satellite ground control environment.
- UNIX and Linux system administration or working knowledge.
- RedHat experience – working knowledge.
- Experience with virtualization, VMWare, remote-desktop, remote computer management.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, WireShark, and CommVault.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area – anomaly resolution.
- Strong customer communication skills.
- Scripting knowledge (such as Python or PowerShell).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.