SAIC is seeking an SCO Network/Systems Administrator. USCENTCOM is required to provide sustained C4 support to Security Cooperation Organizations (SCO) located in U.S. Embassies throughout USCENTCOM area of responsibility (AOR). The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and U.S. Ambassadors.
- Provide systems integration, installation, and maintenance support to the SCO offices located in the U.S. Embassies in USCENTCOM's AOR.
- Administer systems, perform testing, perform training, and provide operations and management (O&M) support for all USCENTCOM computers, voice, video, networks and communications systems.
- Utilize remote communications (e.g., electronic mail, telephone, administrative and collaboration tools) as well as site assist visits to accomplish required tasks.
- Under minimal supervision install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, telecommunications, and network equipment to include workstations, servers, printers, scanners, cryptographic encryptors, COMSEC key(s) maintenance and transfer, routers, switches, TACSAT radios, Iridium phones, telephones, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- This includes all networks identified by USCENTCOM (e.g. SIPRNet, NIPRNet, CPN, BILAT, etc.)
- Provide remote and on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations, servers (virtual servers), printers, scanners, cryptographic encryptors, routers, switches, Riverbed WAN accelerators, TACSAT radios, etc. and other related software/hardware.
- Responsible for implementing fix actions and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing and implementation.
- Responsible for SCO offices Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program, patching and updates.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, servers, virtual servers (VMWare), thin clients, printers, scanners and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Maintain equipment and cable infrastructure (CAT- 5/6, fiber optics) to include installation and labeling in accordance with (IAW) USCENTCOM developed policies, standards, and procedures.
- Perform system and data backups on USCENTCOM systems and servers IAW USCENTCOM back-up policies.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures/Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (SOP/TTPs), instructions, network diagrams, inventories, regulations, COMSEC documentation, guidelines, worksheets, spreadsheets, briefings, phone rosters, points of contact rosters and checklists related to all SCO s. Provide updates, as required.
- Provide user training and assistance on USCENTCOM equipment (within the scope of this task) to all SCOs.
- Cross train with CENTCOM Partner Network (CPN) and be responsible to provide network support, as required.
- Visit all SCO sites, annually or as required where networks and equipment are installed and provide maintenance, support, and recommendations when necessary.
- Provide remote and/or on-site support for all system/services operated and maintained within the scope of this task
- Maintain a comprehensive on-call/alert roster and update this roster on a monthly basis
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret (SCI eligible) is required in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is required and satisfied by holding (minimum) CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7/10), Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, VMWare virtual servers, Cisco networking (routers and switches).
- Experience with troubleshooting and managing cryptographic encryptors (KG-175D, IPS-250, STE phones, simple key loaders (SKL), TACSAT radios
- Required to have a valid passport in the event travel to the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility is necessary.
- Recommend: Valid international driver's license.
- Travel throughout AOR is required, approximately 30 - 50% of time.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.