SAIC is seeking an Operations and Planning Analyst to plan for, develop, integrate, synchronize and coordinate Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyberspace, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) actions throughout the U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR) and Theater.
This individual should have experience and familiarity with the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility and mission. Must be a team player, willing to work challenging assignments and tasks concerning Cyber security and Defensive Cyber Operations orders, policy, procedures and guidance; be willing to travel occasionally throughout the AOR (which includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, and other Southwest Asia nations).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Interact and serve as direct interface with the military and government leadership within USCENTCOM and with Service Components.
- Support J63 Plans and Exercises.
- Conduct/participate theater-wide collaboration for Cyber Security orders, policies, procedures and guidance through multiple means including but not limited to meetings, Video Teleconferencing, email and collaboration session communications.
- Distribute current Cyber Security orders, policies, procedures and guidance to the USCENTCOM Components.
- Provide Cyber Security support to USCENTCOM AOR Network Operations (NETOPS) Centers, as required.
- Review and update Cyber Security current orders, policies and procedures.
- Interpret, analyze, produce and execute theater-wide Cyber Security orders, policies, procedures and tactics.
- Coordinate and participate in theater Cybersecurity risk analysis, assessments or scoping missions, as required.
- Review current intelligence for relevant threats and develop appropriate actions/response.
- Assist with tracking of compliancy reporting for USCENTCOM orders.
- Document Cybersecurity orders, policies, procedures and guidance.
- Participate in command mission assurance working groups and conduct mission assurance analysis for J6 networks and missions.
- Conduct defensive cyber operations planning and coordination for theater defensive cyber forces.
- Analyze and recommend technology deployments at the headquarters and throughout the theater to maximize defensive cyber operations effectiveness. Develop a technology strategy to include evaluations and decisions points for J6 leadership.
- Participate in command exercise program and develop cyber input for all exercises.
- Participate in command operational planning teams and write cyber annexes to command orders.
- Plan for and support integration of operational communications assets, systems, equipment and personnel in support of USCENTCOM Theater requirements.
- Provide technical and subject matter expertise and recommendations for planning actions on all USCENTCOM numbered plans, contingency plans, operational orders, fragmentary orders, Communications Tasking Orders (CCTO) or other directives or procedures, as required. Support actions include traditional communications, cyberspace coordination and cybersecurity planning, as required.
- Represent CCJ6 equities during Operational Planning Teams (OPTs), conferences, working groups and contingency planning actions throughout the USCENTCOM AOR.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and recommendations to support the Theater Campaign Plan (TCP) including any required Coalition Partner support and planning, as required.
- Support coalition interoperability and engagement activities
- Support Cyber Security Cooperation
- Support and coordinate with Foreign Military Sales (FMS) technicians for planning and support of CENTCOM Partner Network (CPN) requirements, operations and expansion
- PMP or similar proven work experience indicating ability to plan, install, integrate, operate and maintain (O&M) and “life-cycle” complex tactical and garrison communications and Information Technology systems within a large network enterprise.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense, Service and Joint Task Force (JTF) communications employment and operation policies and procedures
- Communications Operations, Planning and Intelligence experience
- Ability to brief senior military and government leaders within the DoD and other organizations including Partner Nations.
- Significant experience within USCENTCOM operations, AOR and staff work
- Ability to function as a current and future operations and action officer
- Experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and integrating Microsoft systems / applications to include cyber security best practices.
- Bachelor's degree & 9 years' experience OR Master's degree & 7+ years of experience OR 13-years total experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M minimum of IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Security +) prior to hiring.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.