Job ID: 2314990
Location: QUANTICO, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security & Space Sector of SAIC is seeking a SolarWinds Network Engineer SME to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically, on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SolarWinds and other Open-Source Monitoring products
• Oversee the daily SolarWinds execution and maintain an expert view of the current SolarWinds State of Operations
• Configure SolarWinds to meet the specific needs of the organization
• Use SolarWinds to monitor the performance and availability of network and systems
• Update and maintain the SolarWinds platform to ensure it is running smoothly and efficiently
• Provide training and support to other users on the proper use of SolarWinds
• Collaborate with other IT professionals to develop and implement strategies for improving network and system performance using SolarWinds
• Act as Point of Escalation for any critical outages of the SolarWinds Monitoring System, including but not limited to, resolving availability issues, restoration of failed systems, and invoking disaster recovery procedures, during BCP invocation
• Provide mentoring and coaching to Level 1 and Level 2 engineers
• Participate in team reviews
• Service improvements/enhancements by way of Service Improvement Plans, which include, but are not limited to, automation of routine activities, optimization of resources.
• Participate in capacity planning and capacity improvements
• Provide Tier 3 Level Support on tickets escalated by level 2 engineers
• Keep stakeholders updated through SOP, on business-critical incidents
It is required that the SolarWinds Network Engineer SME have the following qualifications:
o Fourteen (14) or more years of experience
o Extensive knowledge and be practiced in SolarWinds
o IAT-II Certification
o Top Secret (SCI eligible)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.