SAIC is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to support the US Navy's Computer Network Defense (CND) project in North Charleston, SC.
- As a member of the Modernization/Integration team, the candidate will provide support in the buildout, testing, installation, cutover, and troubleshooting of CND equipment.
- Tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool (ITSM).
- Develop and implement technical solutions to protect and harden cyber security for the Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21) and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONENET) networks.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain VMware vSphere, Linux, and Windows software suites.
- Redline current technical process and procedure documentation.
- Deploy Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, patches, and perform modifications to ensure systems are protected against known exploits.
- Travel to Navy Ashore sites to perform CND software upgrades and installations and provide onsite technical assists in support of CND fielded systems for issues that cannot be resolved via distance support.
Travel: Anticipated travel is up to 50%, both CONUS and OCONUS. Candidate must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5 years or more experience, or 9 years of IT related experience with a GED/HS degree.
- 5-7 years of combined real work experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) to include policy creation and management
- PowerShell or Python or equivalent scripting language
- Deployment and maintenance of virtual machines
- VMware vSphere
- Implementation and management of cybersecurity measures to protect and safeguard network infrastructure
- Development and implementation of technical solutions and strategies designed to protect and harden cyber security systems and data
- Proficiency in the following systems: Cisco IOS XE/XR, Juniper JunOS, ForcePoint, Linux RHEL 8, and Windows.
- Ability to redline documentation and guides for procedural improvements and data capture.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Requires a current Security Certification in one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH.
- Desired OS Certification: Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, JunOS, F5, Palo Alto Panorama.
- Active Secret Clearance and have eligibility for a Top Secret Clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.