This position provides system administration services to the Western Federal Lands Highway Division through an SAIC contract with the United States Department of Transportation. The system administrator manages virtualization software such as VMWare, installs and operates server operating systems software such as Windows Server running on virtual platforms in a secure network environment. The System Administrator is also responsible for ensuring that servers are secure and performing optimally. He/she shall have experience installing, monitoring and optimizing on-premise hardware, server software, and peripherals. The System Administrator shall be skilled in creating user objects, creating administration scripts and batch files, running systems backups, and resolving systems problems.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Leads other System Administrators in implementing hardware and software upgrades and implementations
- Administers virtual guest machines using VMware vCenter
- Works with IT partners within DOT to maintain on-site IT infrastructure, security, and backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Acts as Technical Lead for Active Directory, networking, IT services, and applications at Western Federal Lands
- Tracks issues and change requests within ServiceNow ticketing system, coordinates resolution and assists in driving issues to closure, provides timely follow-through with customers and peers, and escalates high severity issues and chronic problems to appropriate management
- Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery processes for applications and services
- Works closely with vendors and IT teams to conduct research, technical evaluations, and proofs of concept on new technologies and applications
- Acts as an IT technical project lead and works closely with other staff on projects ranging from site-specific to agency-wide scope
- Provides the expertise and support for establishing specifications, configurations and standards for operating systems and software applications
- Develops automation processes for recurring IT support tasks
- Uses experience and knowledge to provide mentoring, cross-training and skill development to other members of the team
- Provides off-hours and on-call support for urgent issues and scheduled maintenance
- Creates and manages system and network configuration documents, operating guides, design diagrams, and other documentation
- Helps monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
- Provides a key interface between Western Federal Lands and IT technical areas within the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Acts as an escalation point for complex Service Desk and infrastructure issues
- Manages maintenance of ESXi hosts with regular patching and command line as needed
- Provides technical assistance for the installation and upgrading of new and existing file and print servers, application servers, and software
- Maintains computer rooms, IT storage, and network operation centers in a clean and orderly manner
- Responds to service requests related to problems with file servers, communication servers, print servers, and other devices
- Performs system maintenance and vulnerability remediation in accordance with established DOT procedures
- Is responsible for the creation, setup, and management of Active Directory network user accounts; managing Group Policy objects, and keeping updated per security requirements
- Performs maintenance/upgrades on systems hardware/software as necessary. This may require working outside normal duty hours
- Performs system backups and restores utilizing the appropriate backup software and archival maintenance as required, and on an emergency basis
- Performs Storage Area Network (SAN) operations, storage capacity management and configuration of fiber channel SAN brocade switch
- Installs and operates server operating systems software, including Windows Server and other server operating systems as required in a secure network environment
- Creates administration scripts and batch files to automate processes or generate reports as requested. Knowledge of PowerShell is a plus
- Is proficient/knowledgeable in Windows Servers running as a Domain Controller supporting Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
Qualifications - External
Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting server virtualization technology, specializing in VMware systems. Must have experience leading technical team supporting system operations. Must possess a Data Center Virtualization certification or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience setting up and managing VMware and other virtual environments.
- Advanced experience and ability for troubleshooting and resolving a wide range of hardware and software problems.
- Strong Networking Foundation skills (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, subnetting) and network troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficient in the use of Server operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Basic project management concepts.
- Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
- Good oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work with a variety of employees.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and maintain schedules, with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Ability to keep current on the latest IT technologies.
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain a public trust.
Bachelors and 2 years or more experience or Masters and Zero years experience.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.