Job ID: 2314960
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2023
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Cyberspace Defensive Analyst II located out of Fort Meade, MD.
Member of the Battle Watch Team functioning as the Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) Mission Lead when on shift. The DCO Mission Lead maintains situational awareness of DCO activities across the USCYBERCOM components, tracks DCO missions, conducts DCO analysis, and makes recommendations to the DCO Officer In-Charge and Battle Watch Team to inform global command and control (C2) decisions across the Cyber Mission Force (CMF).
The battle watch team works a schedule that cycles every 10 weeks utilizing 12-hour shifts and 8-hour support days. See the attached schedule for details.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Track and oversee DCO missions and information required for USCYBERCOM C2 of CMF operations;
· Update products with current and relevant information;
· Provide recommendations to the Battle Captain for decisions and risk assessments in accordance with current operational priorities;
· Review USCYBERCOM components’ reports on CMF team status and operations updates;
· Review intelligence products as required related to ongoing DCO missions;
· Evaluate information received across the CMF to make recommendations to the Battle Captain on time-sensitive actions required to ensure DOD capabilities remain secure and resilient;
· Review identified indicators of compromise and support supplemental analysis to determine attribution and subsequent effects to DOD;
· Develop information requirements necessary to resolve cyberspace vulnerability or threat-related questions;
· Draft the DCO briefing script for the Morning Update Brief.
Deliverables include (as required):
· J3 Morning Update Brief;
· Daily briefing dashboards;
· DCO Mission Tracker;
· DCO daily roll-up.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
· Excellent communications skills;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or related discipline (Additional four (4) years of job-related experience may be substituted for education requirement).
· DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level III Certification
· Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in developing recommendations and COAs to solve complex cybersecurity problems to include:
o Coordinating network defense operations with DOD Component Commands / Services / Agencies / Field Activities or Intelligence Agencies or Law Enforcement or U.S. Government organizations.
o Performing research and analysis of cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements.
o Demonstrating expertise on the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation, the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry capabilities including web content filters, email security capabilities, Intrusion Detection System, Intrusion Prevention System Security Event and Incident Management, Domain Name System security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network proxies, firewalls, and Access Control Lists, malware analysis reports, and alerts regarding potential malicious activity.
o Coordination and support on cyber-related incidents and issues to include Malware Analysis Reports, Alerts regarding potential malicious activity, and Suspicious Contact Reports.
o Identifying and developing solutions, methods, and guidance for securing U.S. interests in cyberspace and developing white papers, reports, and presentations addressing these solutions
o Identifying and drafting mitigation strategies for network boundary vulnerabilities, to enable the security and integrity of interests in cyberspace.
TS/SCI CI Poly
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.