SAIC is seeking a Digital Workplace Innovation Solutions Architect Sr Principal to work within SAIC's Digital Innovation Factory. SAIC's Digital Innovation Factory performs research and development, applying commercial technology to challenging government solutions, creating offerings, capabilities, and intellectual property driving corporate and market technology strategy. This is an exciting role using creativity, innovation, and a breadth of subject matter expertise (SME) across digital workplace including user experience, device lifecycle, collaboration, mobility, support services with working knowledge of supporting technologies, such as AI/ML, government security domain, commercial cloud solutions, and devices.
* This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the US. *
- You'll be a technical authority at the center of our engagements, managing technical risk, and creating real business value.
- You will work with talented, innovative, and creative cloud, data, & AI/ML technologists to make the right cloud technology and architecture choices for our clients.
- Designing and implementing state-of-the-art solutions that align with company objectives and customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed technical documentation, including architecture diagrams, flowcharts, and technical specifications, as well as creating and maintaining templates.
- Work directly with Cloud Engineers to design and implement secure, innovative solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in cloud computing and networking technologies.
- Ensure solutions comply with relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implemented solutions, making data-backed recommendations for enhancements.
- Collaboration with external and internal cross-functional teams as well as technical teams to align the app to customer expectations.
- Conducts research and analysis, and creates various documents (functional (75%), technical (25%)) needed to support our customers.
- Architect cloud solutions for various application architectures and integration of cloud applications, data services, and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with other architects, operations/infrastructure, and delivery teams to ensure new services align with application & infrastructure roadmaps.
- Conducts technical reviews of existing architectures, including data security, performance, availability, reliability, scalability, and monitoring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline and 14 years or more experience. Masters in Computer Science or related discipline and 12 years or more experience. In lieu of a degree, we will consider four additional years of experience
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification (any additional cloud certifications are also of interest)
- Deep experience with the AWS cloud architecture environment on a hands-on basis
- Working knowledge of other cloud service providers
- Experience designing solutions that account for all areas of concern: Identity and Access Management, Network Topology and Connectivity, Resource Organization, Security, Management and BCDR, Platform Automation and DevOps, Storage
- Demonstrated success in advising and implementing cloud architecture and technologies, preferably across multiple industries
- In-depth understanding of the modern cloud architecture stack, including but not limited to SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Docker/Containers, IaC, CI / CD for AWS and ideally for other public clouds
- Strong understanding of Hybrid Cloud, Multi-Cloud, Networking, Security, API Management, and similar items
- Ability to design detailed architectural blueprints and to implement designs through IaC tools
- Must be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to sustain your own assigned project work in an innovative environment with changing priorities
- Communicate effectively and confidently with team members, senior management, and customers
- Develop, document, and ensure adherence to technical standards
- Software, scripting and automation development
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including customer-facing documents, reports, whitepapers and presentations
- Defining Future State Cloud Architecture
- Defining Cloud migration repeatable patterns
- Defining and supporting teams to adopt Cloud Standard Patterns
- Working knowledge of FedRAMP, DoD CC SRG Impact Levels, FIPS
- Experience working Agile Scrum development
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.