SAIC is hiring a Congressional Analyst to provide congressional activities and communications support to the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Congressional Analyst duties include:
- Manage and maintain congressional workflow, support, and tasking systems, including: Congressional Hearings and Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), Office of Legislative Counsel (OLC) Web, Department of Defense Congressional Tracking System (DoDCTS), and CATMS database.
- Respond to special assignments as required to support emerging requirements and multifunctional administrative support services, to include analysis, filing, congressional staff support activities, inter-OSD and inter-Department congressional task management, briefing creation or management, and special congressional workflow management to meet defined suspense dates.
- Meet on a recurring basis with congressional counterparts within OUSD(R&E) to ensure awareness and coordination of legislative activities across the OUSD(R&E) enterprise.
- Manage and maintain congressional reporting requirements for OUSD(R&E), including: analyzing and identifying legislative and policy material related to the OUSD(R&E) enterprise from authorization and appropriation legislation; coordinating workflow and tasking reporting requirements to the appropriate offices within OUSD(R&E); receiving and arbitrating inter-organizational disputes or questions regarding reports; and coordinating with OSD(LA) and BAA.
- Create and maintain workflow reporting and analysis documents and products as required by OUSD(R&E), including tracking deadlines and delays and issuing notices and guidance to the offices within the OUSD(R&E) organization.
- Manage inter-Department special projects on behalf of the OUSD(R&E), including coordination with the OSD(LA), the Office of General Counsel (OGC), and the OLC on special task groups and processes as required.
- Collate, edit, format, or otherwise refine special OUSD(R&E)-level reports, including managing special groups and creating workflow strategies to meet complex and evolving congressional reporting requirements.
- Analyze written and oral inquiries and responses from the Offices of the Under Secretaries of Defense, Military Departments, and congressional members and staff. Ensure that correspondence is provided to the appropriate offices. Provide congressional document retrieval services from DoD websites assigned the appropriate Deputy Assistant Secretary’s office. Track status and notify appropriate DoD components for follow-up action.
- Retrieve, assemble, and organize information from files, congressional information services, and other office reference materials while maintaining comprehensive files for coordinating and responding to congressional and DoD staff inquiries on status of congressional correspondence.
General Administrative Duties include:
- Coordination of staff security clearances; receive, process and maintain building/hill badge requests for staff and congressional committee members; track and maintain incoming FOIA requests; provide assistance in obtaining parking clearance on the Pentagon Reservation for congressional visitors.
- Respond to congressional inquiries by assisting in the development and coordination of appropriate responses and reports to congressional inquiries and legal requirements pertaining to OUSD(R&E) projects and maintaining a database of congressional inquiries and agency responses.
- Documentation of congressional reports and analysis by providing summaries of congressional reports, program plans, and other official program summary and analysis information as prescribed in official DoD or other federal directives (such as Financial Management Regulations, Comptroller Guidance, or congressional language).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, 2 of which involve legislative systems management in the DoD.
- Strong problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives efficiently and effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office to include PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in congressional briefing management and direct congressional staff interaction and support as a DoD representative.
- Prior experience supporting an OSD principal (USD, ASD, DASD).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five to Ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.