Job ID: 2314894
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with a background in delivering Information Technology (IT) services. The successful candidate will assist the Government with cost, schedule, and performance related activities associated with the power, space, and cooling of data centers. The successful applicant will participate within a team of network Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) to oversee the design, delivery, enhancement, modernization, and recapitalization of the Government’s data center facilities. Customers may require candidates to perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements definition, and interface definition studies to translate mission needs into execution requirement specifications. Candidates must be able to effectively quantify specific, detailed information for their recommendations in written and verbal formats (e.g., slide presentations, Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), etc.) Candidates may be called upon to assess Service Provider proposed implementation techniques, assess future mission demand requirements against planned capacity deliveries, assess facility requirements (including floor layout, power cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
At a minimum, the successful candidate must be able to:
· Demonstrate a working understanding of general IT capabilities
· Demonstrate a working understanding technology integration with physical, virtual, and cloud based solutions
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills to facilitate clear and concise delivery statuses on multiple, concurrent activities
· Demonstrate the ability to perform requirements analysis, schedule reviews, and cost estimations (i.e., Service Portfolio Management)
· Demonstrate the ability to perform as a change agent focused on translating customer requirements into service provider tasking
· Demonstrate the ability to prepare program plans, to include budget and schedule development
· Demonstrate the ability to conduct risk assessments of proposed service provider deliveries
· Demonstrate the ability to strategically assess a customer’s vision and needs and translate them into opportunities to influence and improve service delivery quality
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in a STEM field of study and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. *Applicable work experiences may be considered in lieu of degree
· An active, or expired, certification in applicable IT domains is a plus, but not required
· PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
· ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
· Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
· Must be able to acquire and maintain a Poly
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.