This position will support an OPIR Joint customer Program Office responsible for acquiring the Overhead Persistence GEOINT Architecture (OPGA) that will provide the user community with OPIR capabilities in a modular, open architecture that provides global, persistent, real-time surveillance and activity based intelligence information. This position supports a hybrid Agile process with the Government as the overall integrator in a Cloud Environment. The successful applicant will provide SETA support as a Senior Systems Engineer for a range of system engineering efforts and technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise and assist the customer’s leadership and contract teams.
SPECIFIC TASKING/PROJECT SUPPORT:
- Perform systems engineering functions to include requirements management, systems testing (validation and verification), systems analysis, configuration management, quality assurance, risk management, and stakeholder management
- Participate in and facilitate large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external
- Develop clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture
- Execute end-to-end processes and preparing and coordinating required documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to capture users’ needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting and documenting requirements to implement changes to operational baselines
- Serve on integrated cross-functional teams supporting studies and analysis
- Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements
- Perform requirements traceability and coordinate requirement priorities to assist informed management decisions (budget, technical and schedule)
- Develop/Review acquisition plans and documentation
- Develop/Review service level and/or level of effort agreements
- Review contract data requirements lists (CDRLs)
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and detail project schedules
- Travel in support of role
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Working knowledge of IC principles, procedures
- The ability to work proactively, independently, and/or as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of AGILE Scrum and SAFe software development methods
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and various SE, PM tools
- Must be able to travel
- IR Common Systems and Data Components to include OPIR phenomenology, characteristics, designs, commanding systems, and data processing architectures. Current and known future sensors include: Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) GEO, Defense Support Program (DSP), and awareness of Next Gen GEO, Next Gen Polar, space Defense Agency/Missile Defense Agency Hypersonic and Ballistic Tracking Space Sensor (HBTSS)
- GEOINT Reference Architecture, Consolidated OPIR Ground System (COGS), MDA’s Command, Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC), SMC’s Future Operationally Resilient Ground Evolution (FORGE), and Enterprise Ground Services (EGS)
- SAFe Agilist certification
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.