SAIC is seeking a Strategic Deal Architect to join SAIC’s Civilian Business Unit. As the Deal Architect, you will lead the development of cost/price solutions (FFP, T&M, CPFF, CPAF) and shaping strategies needed for growth. As technical solutions evolve to integrate emerging technologies and deliver innovative solutions, an innovative and transformative approach to best value is what differentiates SAIC from the competition. You will collaborate with Capture Managers, Solution Architects, and Pricing/PTW Analysts as a subject matter expert to define business and financial solutions that meet our customers current and future needs and priorities, help to shape customer acquisitions, and position SAIC to win.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of cost and price strategies to include research, analysis, and complex cost model development in support of cost proposals for all bids.
- Shape procurements and win strategies, developing effective and compelling briefings, proposal materials, reusable artifacts, financial models, and other related materials.
- Assess RFP price evaluation models and contractual structures in conjunction with stated client objectives and competitive position. Work collaboratively with Capture Team, Pricing/PTW/CI, and Business Unit leadership to reach PTW target that maximizes Pwin and considers execution risk and financial objectives.
- Conduct business case and risk analyses on bid and execution models for large and complex bids, to include managed services solutions.
- Shape technical and cost solutions by identifying and analyzing cost levers, performing cost/value trade-offs, and evaluating solution alternatives from a cost/price perspective. Drive cost/price strategy and ensure integrated technical and business solutions.
- Lead development of up-front pricing strategy to meet the PTW and financial objectives for the Business Unit
- Engage with different functional areas to develop pricing strategies. Collaborate with other partners to communicate and achieve consensus for successful pricing strategy.
- Have excellent collaboration skills to partner with Business Unit level leaders.
- Build consensus in a multi-team environment and be transparent about pricing strategy approach.
- Experience with working bids from draft RFP through award stage
- Document best practices, lessons learned, and evaluate assumptions and approaches against post-award results. Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent and eighteen (18) years or more of professional experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience.
- 12+ years of combined work experience in Federal Government Contracting.
- 5+ years cost estimating experience and associated competitor/industry knowledge and experience in developing competitive pricing strategies would be a decided plus.
- Experience with the preparation of high value (>$100M) cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
- Proficiency with market research tools and databases such as GovWin, DACIS, BGOV, FPDS or USASpending
- Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (DCAA, FAR, rate burden pool development, BOE development).
- Industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies within the Systems Integration and Delivery market areas.
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders. Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc.). - Practical experience and a foundational understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior. Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming. - Enhanced Data Visualization skills.
- Current clearance desired
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.