Job ID: 2314793
Location: HERNDON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Customer is seeking a highly skilled and proactive System Engineer with proven experience in supporting enterprise web applications and software development teams. A successful candidate will need to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Linux/Unix and a firm understanding of cloud technologies. Candidate must demonstrate on the job experience upgrading, monitoring, troubleshooting and implementing both on premise and cloud technologies.
• Hours: Contract Core hours 9-3
• May Require Pager Duty
Required Technical Skills & Experience
-TS SCI with Poly
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
• Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of Tomcat applications using AWS and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
• Demonstrated experience and support for applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Upgrade and maintain operating systems and application software on LINUX (Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux) and Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Perform software installations, including support for COTS applications.
• Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health.
• Track and manage system certificates, privileged accounts, and database passwords.
• Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, After Action Reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
• Support for system and data security requirements, and documented system artifacts required for security certification.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining encryption technology (PKI authentication, Vormetric, and KMS).
• Demonstrated experience with web services.
• Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience with building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on-premise solutions to cloud hosting environments.
• Firm Relational Database understanding (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Kafka)
• Working knowledge of CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible.
• Experience with scripting languages (Shell, Perl, and Python).
• Experience with SysOPs/DevOps.
• Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.