Job ID: 2314767
Location: QUANTICO, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security & Space Sector of SAIC is seeking a MySQL Database Administrator to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically, on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
SAIC is looking for an experienced MySQL Database Administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
· Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
· Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
· Ensures all database instances have required security controls applied in accordance with DCSA policies (e.g., access controls, STIGs, version updates)
· Prepare documentations and specifications
· Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
· Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
· Supports translation of improvement requirements and requests into detailed functional and technical specifications and project plans for the data management team, as well as ensures compliance with Government data standards and records management policies
Required Skills and Qualifications
It is required that the MySQL Database Administrator have the following skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science
· Nine (9) or more years of experience. However, four (4) additional years of experience may be considered, in lieu of a degree
· Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
· IAT Level II, Certification in one of the following areas, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
· Applicable Database Compute Environment (CE) Certification
· Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
· Hands-on experience with recent versions of MySQL (i.e., 8.0)
· Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
· Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
· Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
· Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Master’s degree
· Seven (7) or more years of experience
· Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
· Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
· Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.