Job ID: 2314743
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2023
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Principal Strategic Arms Control Analyst out of the Pentagon.
Candidate is the primary technical advisor and analyst supporting the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategic, Space, and Intelligence Portfolio Management in its oversight and coordination of Department of Defense (DoD) treaty implementation and compliance activities for strategic arms control agreements. The candidate provides technical and analytical support on a wide range of issues including reviewing the activities of the DoD Services and Agencies, DoD acquisition programs, and DoD research and development efforts to ensure DoD compliance with strategic arms control agreements while minimizing their impacts on DoD plans and activities.
The candidate will:
1) Support drafting, coordinating, implementing, and interpreting DoD strategic arms control-related implementation and planning guidance.
2) Serve as the primary contractor supporting DoD treaty working groups and compliance review groups.
3) Support coordination with Interagency partners and the Intelligence Community to synchronize U.S. Government arms control policy.
4) Prepare input for responses to Congressional, White House, State Department or other USG agency concerns on arms control implementation and compliance
5) Routinely draft Principal-level correspondence, staff packages, issue papers, preparatory reading material, and presentations regarding current and potential strategic arms control issues. Travel to DoD installations and facilities to attend planning meetings, conferences, seminars, and participate in exercises may be required.
· 10-15 years of experience performing arms control compliance and implementation duties within the Department of Defense including interpretation and application of strategic arms control treaties and agreements;
· Experience working in OSD, Service, or Major Command headquarters staff on arms control issues;
· Experience evaluating and assessing the impacts of arms control agreements and policies on DoD strategic weapon systems and operations;
· Technical expertise in analyzing documentation, data, and other products to evaluate and assess current and potential treaty obligations and the status of implementation and compliance actions as they relate to DoD programs and activities;
· Experience with and knowledge of U.S. nuclear weapons and their delivery systems including storage and operational configurations sufficient to assess potential impacts of proposed arms control policies and regimes on U.S. strategic weapons systems;
· Experience providing research and analytical advice and assistance regarding the negotiation of arms control agreements;
· Problem-solving experience within the DoD and interagency policy coordinating process;
· Familiarity with U.S. strategic weapon systems and nuclear weapons infrastructure acquired through operational work experience;
· Knowledge and familiarity with strategic nuclear weapons systems requirements, operations, plans, policies, and procedures;
· Ability to communicate technical presentations confidently and credibly to senior OSD and Interagency leadership;
· Experience defining program elements and arms control objectives/requirements/alternatives subject to or affected by arms control treaty provisions;
· Experience with and ability to draft executive-level correspondence;
Bachelor of Science Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Completion of Senior-level Professional Military Education also desired.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.