Job ID: 2314752
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Telecom Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Telecommunications Technician to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will shall perform and oversee voice service administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, device configuration, resource-monitoring, and ensuring that system architecture components work together seamlessly
· Maintains several thousand user local circuit, telephones, cellular, and personal electronic device records. This includes activate, suspend, change services and trouble shoot issues with personal electronic devices.
· Provide support for USTRANSCOM Portable Electronic Device (PED) program for unclassified devices.
· Install, modify, and remove network infrastructure and telecommunication services (e.g., fiber and copper cabling, termination points, programming).
· Provides technical support, installation, maintenance, and administration on voice communications, including VoIP, satellite and the integration of voice technology to support the telephony requirements.
· Performs a variety of electronic and technical assignments using experience in voice communications hardware and configuration, troubleshooting, user support, performance management, security, and optimization of voice networks.
· Coordinates move, add, change, and disconnect activities, executes system upgrades as required, performs preventative maintenance, installs cabling and resolves repair issues.
· Undertakes telecommunications systems upgrades and answers queries related to system controls and maintenance of the system in general.
· Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
· Maintains and repairs telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
· Reports and monitors service order changes.
· This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
· AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years or more of related experience; Or, High School and eight (8) years of related experience with relevant certification
· One of these IAT Level II certifications: Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
· A Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility in either Network support/defense (e.g., Splunk, Cisco, McAfee, etc.) OR (e.g., Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
· DoD Secret clearance
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must be available to participate in on-call work on a reoccurring basis.
· Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Desired Qualifications :
· ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.