SAIC is looking for a Configuration Management Analyst in San Diego, CA responsible for establishing and maintaining documented baselines for the Customer Program Office. Will work across multiple business process areas, gather, analyze, and verify data on existing enterprise platforms, locations, hardware, software and documentation for entry into the government configuration management system (CMPRO) to establish or update baselines in accordance with the customer’s Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Assist efforts to establish complete baselines for hardware and software and displaying the information via the CM data repository to include product structure/configuration hierarchy definition, and maintaining configuration baselines (Functional, Allocated, Product, As-Installed).
- Implement process for publishing baselines and updating baseline records with changes approved via approved CM process. Document changes from the baseline documentation of each RFC.
- Assist efforts to support the government's Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) process and procedures. Provide configuration status accounting and configuration audits, delineating the status of changes from the baseline, the status of proposed changes, and the status of implementation of approved changes.
- Verify and maintain complete and accurate configuration identification of each Configuration Item (CI)/Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) and Government-approved established Functional, Allocated, and Product baselines for equipment/systems. Prepare configuration verification audit record sheets to conduct audits and record results.
- Support Change Request (ECR/RFC) process and coordinate efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and Engineering Integrated Product Team meetings/discussions.
- Review, update and provide CM process training to contractor and government personnel as required.
- Support the Document Manager in issuing and processing document change requests and document change notices for accuracy, completeness and proper signatures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience in Military/Defense Configuration Management or Commercial IT Network Configuration Management experience are required; or a Masters and 0 years of experience.
- Must have experience and background in Configuration Management relevant to configuration identification and change management, at a minimum, and be familiar with all five functions of Configuration Management as detailed in ANSI/EIA-649-B.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Active, transferable DoD Secret (or higher) clearance is required.
- Technical knowledge of baseline and change management processes. Knowledge of CMII, ITIL, MIL-HDBK-61A, EIA-649-B
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management software tools. Experience in CMPRO highly desired.
- Related industry certifications, such as CMPIC or CMII, are a plus.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.