SAIC is seeking a Mission Integration Systems Engineer Principal to provide SETA support to SAIC’s Prime Program, Landmark AOS in Chantilly, VA. Landmark AOS is a large SETA program, supporting the NRO’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
The Mission Integration Systems Engineer Principal will operate within an environment encompassing evolving capabilities, Agile engineering, internal, IC and academic outreach, sensitive operational architectures, and strategic policy matters for the larger Intelligence Community (IC). The Mission Integration Systems Engineer Principal will perform Community outreach and Systems Engineering activities including concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, program analysis and engineering, design and support to capabilities experiments / exercises, systems integration, and operations performance analysis.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Ensures the capture of customer needs and development and refinement of requirements from across IC, and logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints in an agile environment
- Assist in the development of systems engineering requirements and artifacts required for acquisition documents (Statement of Work, Request for Proposal) and support assessment of proposals
- Work with government leaders to translate intent into multi-year strategies, annual roadmaps, action plans, and resource allocation decisions; track milestones and evaluate progress toward the Customer’s strategy/framework objectives
- Identify, understand, track, and manage technical and acquisition dependencies
- Support Customer’s strategic engagement strategy for coordinating policy and operational actions throughout the larger Customer organization and across a broad cross-section of IC partners and stakeholders
- Assist in the creation of event environments and exercises incorporating modeling, simulation, and training to develop program integration plans and prioritization of needs and capabilities. Exercises include multiple stakeholders with evolving needs and interdependencies
- Develop processes and procedures for IC participants to operate together and perform joint tasks and enable assessment teams to collect and analyze objective performance measurements
- Validate and prioritize GED and IC requirements from a technical perspective, and provide recommendations that are technically feasible and consistent with the overall architecture for current and future GED operational environments
- Track tasks, actions, and pending decisions; coordinate with the larger cross-functional team to compile responses to Customer tasks, meet suspense dates for actions and prepare program leaders for executive-level decision points (internal and external)
- Author meeting notes, data calls, program status reports and other program documentation.
- Draft formal presentations, staff proposals, background papers, meeting agendas, and other formal communications; participate in executive-level meetings, discussion, and program briefings
- Adapt well to change and thrive in a highly collaborative small team atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, disciplined initiative, creative problem-solving skills, and grit.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and nine (9) years or more experience; Master’s and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- Experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering
- Knowledge of SIGINT collection space systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environments Excellent organizational and time management skills; contribute to body of shared knowledge; ability to articulate intent, frame requirements, adjust workflow priorities absent direct oversight and balance between competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop profession rapport with broad cross-section of IC stakeholders, industrial partners, and academic institutions
- Clear understanding of Customer’s mission strategic direction, subordinate components, general stakeholders, and organizational culture
- Willingness to travel within CONUS (approximately 20-30 days per year).
- Well-versed with MS Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, and Visio.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.