Job ID: 2314464
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Technical Systems Engineer to join our team of professionals providing advisory and programmatic services to the U.S. Government (USG). SAIC provides research, engineering, design, analysis, acquisition, development, integration, test, and operations support to USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development and delivery of medium to high technical readiness level programs for national security systems.
The engineer sought here serves a USG Program Office leading Research & Development (R&D) of evolutionary, revolutionary, and transformational software solutions for data analysis and processing. This position provides Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support services.
Your responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
· Working with government technical and contracts staff in a collaborative and supportive environment to develop program acquisition packages for new software solutions to USG customer-defined problem sets
· Crafting briefings and reports, including technical and programmatic assessments presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations; briefing USG staff and industry partners, as requested
· Providing technical and programmatic support through the entire project/program life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and deployment
· Implementing advanced processing concepts, methodologies, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, and interfaces
· Assisting analysis of alternatives to optimize technical, cost, and schedule performance considerations and improve knowledge and understanding of system, technology, and architecture tradeoffs
· Participating as an active member of enterprise R&D, learning, and innovation environment creating, gathering, and sharing knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Science or a technical related field and 5+ years of experience, Masters and +3
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Must have experience supporting programs throughout the engineering life cycle to include data analytics
· Knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or experience in one of more of the following:
o Systems engineering and integration applied to space systems
o General knowledge of NRO GEOINT and/or SIGINT processing
o Knowledge of traditional Machine Learning techniques
o Understanding on evolving Machine Learning research in areas such as graph neural networks and transformers
o R&D of systems and technologies supporting space assets
o Knowledge on automated strategies and sensemaking
o System acquisition, design, development, integration, or test
o IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and/or processes
o Experience in a systems engineering or digital engineering discipline
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.