SAIC is seeking an assertive and highly adaptable Subcontracts Analyst/Buyer (dual role) to join the team in Huntsville, Alabama. Candidates must be organized and detail oriented with the capacity to perform in a high paced team environment for subcontracts administration and material buying supporting multiple contract types in support of NASA program.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontract systems in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
- Sources, negotiates and purchases IT Hardware and software, fabricated parts, machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies and incidental services necessary for operation of an organization or program.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors performance of suppliers. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions. Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages. Reviews license agreements, negotiates terms and conditions, and works with requester, legal, cyber security and privacy to reduce and mitigate risk to SAIC.
- Interprets and enforces company-wide policies and procedures.
- May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Subcontracts Lead.
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Excellent negotiation, written, and oral communications skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general procurement terminology, practices, and principles.
- Considerable knowledge and demonstrated effectiveness in Federal acquisition process employing Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Experience with NASA contracts is preferred.
- Knowledge of NASA FAR Supplement. CPSR audit requirements, price analysis techniques, Costpoint, Cornerstone, word processing, and Excel.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.