Job ID: 2314119
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator (SA). The Senior SA will part of a 3-4 member staff of senior administrators. The SA will be responsible for managing a large inventory of Red Hat Linux servers, VMware ESXi blade servers, HP storage, and AWS Cloud technologies. Successful candidate will effectively develop unique solutions in a dynamic, customer-centric environment.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
· Provisioning (physical & virtual), configuring, maintaining, monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting Linux Operating Systems (RHEL 7/8/9).
· Security hardening Linux in a standalone environment to comply with DISA STIGs as well as addressing Tenable Nessus scan results.
· Install & maintain various Linux applications such as Apache Tomcat, Kerberos, LDAP, Centrify, Java.
· Provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
· Providing configuration management to include authoring technical documentation, process changes, and inventory control.
· Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
· Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
· Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (e.g. current CompTIA, Security+ CE certification, or equivalent)
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 9 years of experience
· Experience managing software packages in Red Hat Enterprise Linux via Yum/DNF.
· Proficiency with automation tools and scripts to administer a large inventory of servers.
· Experience managing Linux services including authentication services, web services, NFS, NTP, SMTP, SSH, DNS, clustering, and logging.
· Familiarity with virtualized hosting such as VMware.
· Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments.
· Experience with containers and orchestration tools (Podman, Docker, Rancher, Tanzu, Openshift, etc)
· Experience upgrading Linux environments (Leap, reprovisioning, etc)
· Familiarity with replication strategies and techniques
· Experience configuring backup and disaster recovery solutions
· Familiarity with virtualized hosting such as VMware (on-premise cloud)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.