Job ID: 2314333
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
Provides organizational, technical, and administrative assistance to the Program Manager and can provide such assistance effectively and promptly. The Senior Research Associate is more experienced and perform work requiring a higher level of skill than that done by the Research Associates. Designs, administers, and implements research projects as specified in the project plan. Collects data in accordance with ethical and technical principles. Selects and applies appropriate quantitative, statistical, and/or qualitative methods for analysis and interpretation of data.
· Leads the research design process to identify markets, policy and products as required.
· Develops submission to professional and/or scientific journals or reports to the end customers
· Collaborates with researchers, scholars and other stakeholders as relevant to the project.
· Identifies new or prospective sponsors and funding opportunities and drafts proposals for new/renewed research funding.
· Monitors daily operation of research programs/projects, including the reporting requirements, budgets and timetables specified in the project.
· Leads discrete components of a larger project under the general direction of a principal researcher.
· May contribute to applications for external funding as a co-principal investigator.
· May serve as a principal investigator on a funded research or scholarship project or as a co-investigator under the general direction of a principal investigator.
· May present at professional conferences and meetings in the relevant field.
This opportunity is contingent upon award.
Education: Masters Degree and 16 years of relevant experience or PhD and 15 years of relevant experience
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clerance
Oversees and participates in all statistical work and ensures compliance of all contract work with all statistical requirements. Has in-depth knowledge of all statistical aspects of large-scale surveys with complex statistical designs, including the areas of sample design, statistical editing, estimation, and variance estimation. Has expert knowledge of SAS and/or equivalent set of software.
PhD is preferred
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.