Job ID: 2314326
Location: KIRTLAND AFB, NM, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Web Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Seeking a Web-based Programmer, Developer to Support the Defense Nuclear Weapons School (DNWS) on Kirtland Air Force Base. This position will directly support the school's Learning Content Management System (LCMS) with administration, management, development, and updates. The LCMS is the foundational software system upon which the school functions, including course scheduling, student registration, and master course records administration.
This position oversees and manages the day-to-day functionality of LCMS including reviewing and mitigating trouble-tickets, and designing and implementing updates. The Web-based Programmer actively participates in the planning, budgeting, formulating, and developing of new information technology requirements and infrastructure for the schoolhouse.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create, modify, update, and delete all aspects of the Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and website
· Fix website bugs using a change management system (10/month)
· Develop new features/tools (2/month), new reports (2/month), and new dashboards Integrate Distance Learning into the website for existing and new course curricula
· Monitor logs, encrypt database content and secure connections to the website (1- hr/day)
· Transition new updates from development test bed to live servers
· Perform SQL (Structured Query Language) server queries (10/month)
· Support to system administrators: Ensuring that Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) do not break the website or database
· Test, Troubleshoot, debug, and validate E-Learning courses such as Computer Based Training (CBT) modules and Virtual Courses
· Ensure project timelines and responsibilities are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner
· Secret security clearance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or similar and fifteen (15) years or more of experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more of experience.
· Expert knowledge in and ability to manage large and complex databases
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Ability to apply policies and procedures consistently and correctly
· Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in problem-solving
· Self Starter: ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.