SAIC is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer to join our team in supporting our IC customer in Chantilly, VA. This position will work hand-in-hand with the customer team as well as all IT groups to create and deploy integrated hardware and software IT system architecture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define and deploy discrete systems with processes to link together complex systems and components with software applications to perform as a coordinated whole
- Perform analysis of transition planning, intelligence formation requirements, and may develop architecture baselines
- Lead development of integration and migration plans/schedules; works with Lead technician/Network Engineer to ensure optimum forecast is established to ensure no disruption in customer services
- Advocate for internal and external clients as the ultimate authority on the architecture design to address client business problems
- Support business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements
- Apply extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals and produces milestones and overall glide path to meet objectives; comfortable producing briefing/documentation to explain milestones and glide path to customers
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s)
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with current Polygraph
- Have 9 years industry experience with a Bachelors degree. *Experience may be considered in lieu of education/degree(s)
- Possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. Must obtain IAM III certification within 12 months
- Possess a broad range of skills and a breadth of knowledge in several IT disciplines including systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols, and general problem solving skills
- Current network industry certification; preferably at the associates level or an equivalent
- Prior experience as a system administrator
- Solid understanding and familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Prior experience with Windows Sever, Active Directory, Group Policy application, WSUS, Hyper-V, VMware, RHEL/Centos
- Must have experience with network hardware including; routers, switches, optical multiplexers, cryptographic devices, serial networks and timing systems
- Solid working knowledge of telecommunications, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and infrastructure technologies such IEEE, EIA/TIA, coax, copper, and fiber
- Experience with WAN, LAN, and Campus technologies, plus be comfortable using routing protocols
· Must be available/able to travel up to 10%
- System design and development experience
- CASP certification or equivalent
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.