Job ID: 2314114
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC is seeking an Electronics Systems Engineer to serve as a Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) contractor and join an experienced team providing support to an IC customer who is responsible for maturing and developing radiation-hardened microelectronics technology from applied research into demonstrably mature capabilities that can be inserted into system program baselines. The job is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
Job Duties Include:
• Support the Provide technical expertise for the development of Radiation Hardened Microelectronics and other novel electronic device technologies
• Provide technical support for High Performance Computing to include non-traditional approaches such as neuromorphic and quantum computing
• Research and present information on the latest technology trends in microelectronics, heterogeneous integrations, and high performance computing and provide recommendations information group strategies
• Engage groups across the government space to understand technical needs and derive requirements for future technology roadmaps and programs
• Support new electronic device technologies such as Heterogeneous Integration, Photonics, etc.
• Support systems engineering in Microelectronics and high performance computing programs
• Willing to learn the associated tools for tasking, planning, researching and data routing of the Microelectronics program
• Provide support to the drafting of Statements of Work and other acquisition documentation
• Support source selection processes
• Provide analysis of developers deliverables to include periodic reports, test reports, and other technical reports
• Provide support to the administration of projects, to include management, technical, and financial aspects
• Document results for distribution to multiple levels of decision-making authorities
• Active TS/SCI with poly
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field and at least 14 years of related experience.
• CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required <15 % of time.
• Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively and execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to cultivate internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Ability to generate and evaluate technical documents and reports
• Ability to work occasional surge support.
• Ability to work shift hours, as needed, to support customers.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products Windows, Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic for Applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience as a SETA supporting national security space programs
• Knowledge of space-based microelectronics and computing hardware radiation effects on microelectronics and space-based microelectronics hardware
• PMP or equivalent project management certification
• US Government acquisition experience
Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.