Job ID: 2314105
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Are you interested in developing the next generation space based payloads? What about guiding the evolution of the generation after next sensors and electronics to meet future needs? Do you like supporting multiple fast-paced projects? If that sounds like fun, then SAIC has a new Payload Electrical Engineering opportunity just for you. You will provide subject matter expertise to national security customers in remote sensing technology development, payload electronics development, and new concept development. If the thought of developing state of the art payloads and electronics keeps you awake at night, then we have the opportunity for you!
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work as an Electrical Engineer as part of a world-class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
• Evaluate concept designs and provide technical inputs for transition strategies into future architectures
• Research state-of-the-art component technologies and sensor concepts/capabilities
• Provide technical insight to the next generation electronics and sensor development
• Make recommendations on component selection and packaging for low-SWAP (Size, Weight, and Power) space-qualified electronic systems, designed for stressing environments
• Author component and subsystem level requirements and coordinate proper decomposition to lower level requirements
• Review development contractor’s engineering documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
• Participate in design reviews to uphold the customer’s interests
• Provide technical advice related to technical issues that arise during program execution
• Review program for high risk areas and recommend mitigation approaches
• Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
• Investigate innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis
• Conduct user outreach and research new concept designs to solve hard problems.
• Experience with Electro-Optical (EO) or Radio Frequency (RF) technical collection sensors
• Experience with EO or RF data processing techniques and algorithm development
• Experience with analog and/or digital electronic design
• Experience with quick reaction acquisition process
• Recent hands-on experience with space-flight payload hardware or sensor development projects
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.